Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home tonight to find SU and some friends on the back deck, with the 3 dogs - WHAT! THREE dogs? Another stray showed up - this one is a pretty little girl, covered in ticks and quite thin. So I had to feed her (I can't have a starving dog on my property.) Then my friend and I took turn picking ticks off her - she was just so good about it, laying in our laps, barely making a sound. Then, because she was dirty, she really had to have a bath - since she didn't have a collar, and I couldn't find our puppy ones, I just sat on the ground and held her while we bathed her -whats some sopping wet clothes anyways - you just change them when you're done. She started whimpering some and shaking because she was cold, so we wrapped her up in a thick towl, and I got a dog bed from the basement for her to lay on (she was getting sleepy) Here's some pics of her. I really don't know what I'm going to do with her. We're leaving on vacation in a few days, and I would feel so bad taking her to the pound. She's young, but already had some pups. Very friendly and jumps up and cuddles in your lap like nobody's business. I can certainly see the appeal of "little dogs"

·
Registered
601 Posts
what a beautiful girl! I hope you can find her a good home.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She spent the night on the back deck, even though I fixed her a little bed in the garage (in case it rained), and also a place up in DogTown (I don't plan on putting her there, but thought she could go up and stay in a doghouse - but she is very suspicious of it and won't go in). She also won't eat this morning, even though she was starving last night. She went on our morning "poop walk" and had a nice poopy in the woods, just like the big dogs. Emilu pouted all last night, but wanted to play with her this morning. I really can't keep her, and just not sure what I'm going to do.......

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I'd be up a creek if that showed up on my door - good thing for me we aren't closer ...

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Pat, she's beautiful! I assume you called all around to make sure no one is missing a dog? How about seeing if she's chipped?

Maybe one of your friends will take her. She's so beautiful. Please keep us posted.
:)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Oh she's beautiful! I know I'd be in trouble if she wandered onto my place... instant girlfriend for Rusty.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts