Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just had a strange encounter and had no idea how to handle it (since I'm not all that experienced!). Bailey (our golden retriever) is 12 wks now and anytime I'm making short little trips out I take her with me. So anyway, we come across a woman and her lab and I ask if it's ok for Bailey to check her out and we get to talking. Long story short the woman tells me how she plans to breed her on her next heat cycle. Well THEN she proceeds to tell me she can't decide whether to breed her to another lab, a poodle (to get a labradoodle...her words)...OR to breed her to a Weimaraner. :suspious: This one really threw me off until she tells me that she believes (does not even know for sure!!) that her lab's father was a Weimaraner and how she never sheds compared to her yellow lab! WHAT!?!? Ok, at this point I honestly did not even know what to say! :scare:

What would you have said??

EDIT: OMG, I almost forgot the other part...the entire time my little puppy was checking her out (and she was NOT nipping), the lab was growling at her! Maybe this is normal, but I doubt it!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I would have told her she's too stupid to own Labs and to give me both her dogs! What a moron. That's the kind of idiot adding to the overpopulation of dogs in shelters and rescues.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Assuming that this was not a friend or acquaintance - just a stranger with a dog - I would have told her that I thought it quite unfortunate and thoughtless that she would consider purposely bringing more mutts into the world.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
BigBrownDog said:
Assuming that this was not a friend or acquaintance - just a stranger with a dog - I would have told her that I thought it quite unfortunate and thoughtless that she would consider purposely bringing more mutts into the world.
Agree with Sharon. I would have said something like this also if it were a stranger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts