Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've been looking to add one more dog to our family, mainly because Hubby is always hogging Joans! Anyways, I've found the dog I plan on getting is a Chocolate Lab. We are going out to pick her up tonight, I'm so excited.

Guess what else, we are going to Petsmart to pick out a new collar for Joans and one for the puppy :D I found a $50 check from our wedding so I am in a good mood today, that and it is raining and I got to sleep in, mwhahaha!!!

If you check back, I'll add pictures as soon as she sends them to me again (darn e-mail deleted first e-mail)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures! What's his name?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There is a long story behind the litter, but no it is not a rescue. I am not paying money for him however, as they aren't looking for reimbursement but rather good homes. They called my vets for reference, and he cleared us for the care of our animals. They basically had an "opps" litter because a friend left a Labrador with them, while they were looking for a home they had gotten several e-mails mentioning how "fat" she was so they took her to the vet and turns up she was pregnant. Friend later admitted to her male Lab getting her pregnant and told them she didn't want her anymore because she couldn't afford puppies. I asked if the female was going to be spayed, they said yes and had someone coming to pick up the mom tonight as well who would guarantee her to be spayed with proof of paperwork. I wouldn't bother if it was a BYB asking $100+ dollars. I'm pretty aware of all that and do home checks and everything before I take on a dog, as I don't want to be "adopting" from a BYB.

I will be checking her place over before I ever actually take the puppy home, but hopefully if all goes well I'll bring home a little girl pup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts