1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOU GUYS!!!

I CAN HAVE A DOG!!!!

DID YOU HEAR ME? I can get a dog!!!

(don't worry I'm not getting one now... I'll do my research... make sure I'm 100% prepared and all that jazz)

So I called Bob the apartment manager to quick check on the cat pet rent and rules regarding that. It's $10 per month. ok..

So I mentioned, "well as you know I lived with my ex-boyfriend and we had a puppy that I'm missing quite a lot and was thinking I needed something to cuddle with"

Bob: "well yeah you know we do allow dogs on the first floor but not on the fourth... though we do have one girl on the fourth with a chicaua (ok I can't spell today but you know what I mean) but he's litter trained so we allow it"

Me: "wait a minute... you allow dogs if they are litter trained?"

Bob: "well yeah I mean it probably has to be under 25 lbs and such, not sure what dogs you can litter train"

Me: "I'm pretty sure you can litter train any dog.. I mean as long as the dog is trainable in the first place, not crazy"

Bob: "really?"

Me: "yeah you know a lot of people paper train their dog before they even train the dog to go outside... I personally think that's counter productive, I prefer to just train them to go outside in the first place"

Bob: "well we used to allow dogs but people would let their dog out of their apartment and the dog wouldn't make it downstairs and ended up going in the hallway and people just left it and didn't clean up after them"

Me: "OMG really? I wouldn't ever dream of doing that!!!... seriously bob... I'm a very good dog owner and I would never do that... that's just beyond unacceptable!"

Bob: "you know, the backyard I'm thinking of completely fencing in sometime this summer... but you couldn't leave your dog out there unattended"

Me: "oh of course! but that would be great for a little off leash play!.. I'll keep you posted... like I said I don't have anything in mind right this minute just wanted to know in case the mood strikes"

I'm bouncing off the walls here!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D I knew it!!!!!

That's great news, Lindsay!!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
that's great news.. the first floor thing is cool too.. i'd have my name on a waiting list to get a ground floor apt asap

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
That is great.

When I was at the doctor two weeks ago I was talking to two elderly ladies who both have small dogs. They both live in a Seniors apartment building. And one of them has her dog litter trained to go out on the balcony in a litter box her grandson built for her. So it is definitely doable!

Boston Terriers are cute small dogs. :)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Hey that's good news! I googled but couldn't find "Little dogs that poop in a box.com" I suppose there could be a forum out there! ;D ;D

T

·
0 Posts
I am sure you are very excited about that. You have to keep us posted about what dog you get.

Maggie sure was cute yesterday!!!! ;D

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
labs4life said:
Hey that's good news! I googled but couldn't find "Little dogs that poop in a box.com" I suppose there could be a forum out there! ;D ;D
kicking me out of here? :p

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Ender's Mom said:
labs4life said:
kicking me out of here? :p

Never !!! or a least not without a poll! Besides we could troll Justpoopboxdog.com

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
That's great! I'm not sure what kind of dog would be best. I love Darwin (beag) and Penny (JRT) though. ;D

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Boston Terrier!!! King Charles Cavalier Spaniel!!!! Those are my 2 favourite small dogs.

That shelter site you were looking at had some really cute small dogs too. Only, you would really have to know what the parents were to judge the size.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.I love these. There were a few in the puppy training class and they were really smart. We all had to teach a trick and show it off at then end. The things these little dogs did were so cool.

Congrads lindsey. To bad they dont have mini labs??lol

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
we had a westie.. not a yappy dog at all.. i'd get another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Way cool!!!! How about that little white one you saw yesterday? She wouldn't get too big and depending on her mindset, should be easy enough to train.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts