Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SU says that we absolutely cannot be involved in either of these upcoming events. What do you think?

http://www.shadowbrooklabs.com/sblitter.html

I fell in love with Drake at a specialty and want one of his get. But our condo requirements stipulate a maximum of two pets. Now here's my question: Does a cat really count as a pet? They're kind of like little people, aren't they? And if they aren't, then why aren't children classified as pets?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
PFft...what cat?

GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
SU says that we absolutely cannot be involved in either of these upcoming events. What do you think?

http://www.shadowbrooklabs.com/sblitter.html

I fell in love with Drake at a specialty and want one of his get. But our condo requirements stipulate a maximum of two pets. Now here's my question: Does a cat really count as a pet? They're kind of like little people, aren't they? And if they aren't, then why aren't children classified as pets?
mcsteamy is lovely!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Umm Nathan - cats really aren't considered pets - they are owners in their own right. Think about it - do you own your cat? No. She owns you. See? not a pet.

Did that help?

And I think you need to do whatever negotiating you need to do to to get yourself a wee little pup!

Oh plus, they breed Frenchies!!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cats own you - you don't own them, therefore, they are not pets!
Exactly my thinking!

Unfortunately, on second thought I think SU is right. Larger than the pet rule is the fact that SU is probably going to need ACL reconstruction this summer, and she has convinced me that I probably shouldn't try to help her rehab AND train a puppy all by myself. (I had come up with a series of reasons why it was perfectly possible, all of which are probably seriously deluded.)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Probably poor timing with the SU's surgery but in answer to your original question, I'd say "Cat? Pet? It's not mine, I keep throwing it out and it keeps coming back".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts