Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has a major paw pad injury from the beach today. We had what was supposed to be an 8 beach days in a row since I'm home helping my mom w/her condo. Well, we did Tuesday, and today, she ripped her pad on either glass, coral or rocks.

I put EMT gel, a gauze, vet wrap, and now this sock. She is not happy. Poor Umlaut.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Poor Zoe! Hope she heals quickly

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel so bad for her. It was bleeding so badly at the beach. Her whole paw was full of blood.

When we got home, she still needed to be rinsed and wiped down. It must have hurt, as she was lifting her paw, but stood through the whole ritual.

Anyone w/pad injuries? What do you think if I put a sock on and then a muttluck for the beach, and try to keep her in the water?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't know about a pad injury, but I know when I was a kid with badly skinned knees, the salt water at the beach always helped clean out the cuts. They always seemed to heal faster after some time spent in the water than when we weren't there. Don't know if it's the same for dogs though.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Poor Zoe! I hope it heals quickly.
Brigetta has had 3 or 4 cuts on her pads from playing around rocks and things. I also do the EMT, gauze, and vet wrap.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Ohhhh, poor Zoes!!

Hope she heals quickly, Linda!

She sure looks like she needs a cookie... or two... ;)

356 Posts
Hey there
Tiller sliced her pad ( real bad ) about a month ago on some sharp rocks and i kept her off it for a few days........the amount of blood was unreal. I cleaned it and let the air at it as much as possible, seems to heal quicker once air gets to it.

I bought some mutluks as well and placed on the one bad paw when we walked on leash ( no running as it used to break open again).

Good luck , it takes time, but heals on its own

jacqui and tiller

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tiller is a Newfie said:
Hey there
Tiller sliced her pad ( real bad ) about a month ago on some sharp rocks and i kept her off it for a few days........the amount of blood was unreal. I cleaned it and let the air at it as much as possible, seems to heal quicker once air gets to it.

I bought some mutluks as well and placed on the one bad paw when we walked on leash ( no running as it used to break open again).

Good luck , it takes time, but heals on its own

jacqui and tiller
Thanks, Jacqui! We have lots and lots of muttluks due to her ongoing foot injuries.
She'll be sporting those for a week or two once the bleeding has stopped.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts