Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mail just came. A subpoena for Tud to appear at Apeman's court hearing on April 13. I'll go with, of course, but it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Tud will do fine. It's a process and hopefully justice will be served. Hope the prosecutor asks for pics of Tudor after his surgery. Have that handy, just in case.

Good thoughts for you guys.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Just because you got a supeana does not mean anything is going to happen at the hearing. Defense could ask for more time, or for more information Be prepared to make several trips to court. Keep in touch with the prosector's office. There is also the chance of a plea agreement.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised to see it settle Apeman cannot deny what happened and I certainly don't think he can try and claim self defense.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh yuck. :( I hope all goes well Nance. Glad you are going with Tud. Stay strong you two!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
good luck!

if its a night court thing where anyone can go & sit in the court room
and if there's others in the neighborhood that dislike him
get them to go sit in the back of the court
it will be imtimidating and the judge will see there's community support

MADD take these tactics & sit in the court rooms
so when a drunk driving case is called they can boo & ahhh & sigh

hope it all goes well.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
It's really about time Nance, the system takes way too long, especially after such a vicious attack with serious injury. Apeman needs to be behind bars in a mental ward.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Let's hope they have him evaluated and fitted for a straight jacket...my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Good Luck.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Getting a subpeona is always scary, but don't worry Nance. It's a good thing in this case. Just to put your mind at ease, the DA should brief you before going into the courtroom as to what is going to happen, and if he doesn't, it is most certainly your right to ask him what to expect.

Like someone said above, bring his pictures with him. Might not hurt to take a cane along too!! ;) (and I'm assuming Tud is cane free at this point, but he may very well not be)

And like Lab Dad said, it may very well not even get reached that day, and Tud may get another subpeona for a return date.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts