Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that isn't the case. What is wrong with me. See I have been saving money so that I can go shopping for some summer clothes for work. Get some skirts and dresses and cute tops and maybe some new cute shoes. Well I have lots saved up. But I decided not to spend it all. Saving some for our trip next weekend the 11th to go to Orlando and go party at City Walk in Orlando.

But today I saw some new shoes I wanted. They are converse shoes and they were so cute. But I didn't buy them. I haven't been shopping in MONTHS. And thats not like me but I was using all of my money to pay everything off so that it looks good on my credit for us buying our new house.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!?? Why did I feel bad for wanting to buy some new cute shoes that I know I will wear all of the time?? I have noticed that when I go to "GO SHOPPING" I feel bad and walk away and go home.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Hell if that's growing up then that must mean I'm growing up too (lol). I'm just a babyyyyyyy

Seriously though, I've been very responsible with my money lately. I finally realized that it's better to save it for the "important"things ie: car repairs/oil changes/tire rotations, paying off the few credit cards that I have, instead of buying that CD/DVD/cute top at Target :angel: That'll probably change over the summer though once i have a lot of extra $$ lol

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did pay everything off. THe only thing I have is car payment power cable and mortgage. But COdy and I split power cable and mortgage. Oil change DONE, its 15 bucks when needed. I dont know, I just think I have it in my head not to spend it.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Go you! I have to pay off one of my Visa cards so I can close the account, and I also have to pay off my Target, and student cards. Then I'll be done!!

Last week my car started to make this awful squealing noise when I turn right so I have to get that checked out next week since that's when they could fit me in, aaand I need my fuel injectors cleaned *sigh* oh and i need to get my emissions testing done before June 31'st, but since I'll be living at the beach i really need to get that done before the 11th of this month ::) Cars are a pain!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need "retail therapy" that's what I call it anyway, go shopping with no intentions to buy anthing, try on a bunch of stuff and then walk out without purchasing anything. It makes you feel like you did the shopping without the empty bank account. If your having a bad day at work take your lunch hour and do this it makes the day much better! anyone else do this?
:)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
You don't have to grow up to appreciate money. I haven't.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Good for you Sam. ;D

rexduke said:
You need "retail therapy" that's what I call it anyway, go shopping with no intentions to buy anthing, try on a bunch of stuff and then walk out without purchasing anything. It makes you feel like you did the shopping without the empty bank account. If your having a bad day at work take your lunch hour and do this it makes the day much better! anyone else do this?
:)
I do, but haven't figured out the part about not buying what I try on. ;)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Jinx said:
You don't have to grow up to appreciate money. I haven't.
phew! that's good news cause if we were defining growing up as being responsible with money i was in big trouble!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
My husband and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago. We're finally at the point where we have a nice chunk in the savings account and everything is paid up. Neither one of us wants to spend any of it! LOL! We came to the conclusion "the more you have, the stingier you become". ;D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am suppose to go shopping with my mom Saturday. I need some summer clothes. Last summer I worked at my last job and I just wore jeans every day. Well since I have to dress for this job I wanted some new skirts. I dont have a problem with buying things. BUT I FEEL BAD AFTER I BUY THEM. I dont and wont empty my bank account. I have saved the money to go and spend it.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
My husband and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago. We're finally at the point where we have a nice chunk in the savings account and everything is paid up. Neither one of us wants to spend any of it! LOL! We came to the conclusion "the more you have, the stingier you become". ;D
Having a few bucks in savings, that has no place to go, is a great feeling. I also think as we get a little older, the "must have" purchases get replaced with "who cares, we've lived this long with out it." thinking. (That's why I still haven't bought a digital camera!)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
of course you need them!!!!

I need a pink/orange plaid pair of chucks last spring...ohhhh how i love them :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts