Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday a bunch of folks decided to order food from Chipotle. It takes an hour to go to chipotle pick it up and then come back (~30mins there and 30mins back). There's a lot of road construction going on so the main road to the restaurant gets pretty backed up.

Anywho, so one of my co-workers had to stop in and let her dogs out yesterday. She just adopted a new pup and asked me if I wanted to come and meet the new pooch. I said Ok. Her place is on the way to Chipotle. So we got volunteered to pick up the food. We left around 11:50 so we could get to the dogs and the food on time.

We let the main food co-ordinating person know hey we won't be able to pick the food up till around 12:20-12:30. Everything fine and dandy. We get to chipotle at 12:30. Turns out they screwed up one of the orders so we had to wait in line. Of course it is busy because it is lunch time. We wait patiently get everything together and leave the store around 12:45-50.

I get back to my car I have 4 missed calls on my cell! Just as I am looking another call comes in. The Admin (she ordered food) calls and is like "Omg are you guys ok??!" I go..."yes we are" She goes "WHERE ARE YOU GUYS!!?"
Me: On the way back. Her: Well how long are you guys going to be!!? Me: I don't know with traffic and all...I guess another 10-15 mins?
Admin: Welll! You should think about other people too! Me: Ok. Well see you soon. So we get back around 1:15. I work on a base so we have to go through check points and what not. It isn't a fast process.

We come in with the food and drop it off at the common table. I come back to my cube and I hear the admin go ...hmm! didnt order lunch for 2. Followed by...It sure is dinner time! I let it go. I was like whatever. Next thing I hear the coworker who went with me go OMG CHECK FB! I get on FB and the admin and another coworker put on some snarky ass status messages on there about the situation. Something about "if it were the other shoe" or something crap like that. That is when I just lost it. WTF! is wrong with people!!!

Then within 40 mins of getting back we had several people come by and ask us where we were. What happened and random things like that. INCLUDING OUR BOSS! :mad: Granted he was laughing and joking about it but he is the kind of person who jokes about getting a point across. Its like haha I am laughing but its been duly noted! I was amazed at this point. We told him what happened and he was like Oh you guys went to chipotle. **** that place takes some time to get to and back. Its all good.

Long story short told the Admin that hey you talk so much about maturity and team playing good going with the FB message. And perhaps she should practice what she preaches about thinking about the "Other Shoe" She wasn't there stuck in traffic, she wasn't there when the order got screwed and I took the time to get it fixed. she knew nothing about all this before she went off and told half the office including our boss about how My coworker and I were off having lunch with my coworker's boyfriend while letting everyone in the office starve. I am done! :mad: I told her all that in a much more polite fashion than I summarized here. She tried to put it back on me and I said the discussion was over and walked away.

Later she came by to "talk" to the coworker who went with me and I and basically my coworker looked at her and went "I have nothing to discuss" "I am done"
I looked at her and was like we already discussed got nothing more to say.

HOLY CRAP! I never knew doing a favor and picking up people's lunches could be so much flipping drama and gossip! wtf m8?? I am never doing it again. :eek:

Anyone ever experience something so ridiculous...

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I work on a base so we have to go through check points and what not. It isn't a fast process.
I presume you mean a military base? :confused: If so, all the other drama aside, I'm more amazed they allow people to get on FB. :eek:

As for your Admin, I'd be very careful around her especially after that visit from the Boss. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I presume you mean a military base? :confused: If so, all the other drama aside, I'm more amazed they allow people to get on FB. :eek:
QUOTE]

the fb access thing depends on where you work on post. they have diff. access levels etc. This office, the most fun place we can get on is FB and I the JL forum! :p Most other typical social networks and etc are blocked. Email stuff like gmail, yahoo etc are all blocked. This is my only outlet during the day :eek: and I am sure they are going to be blocking FB soon which honestly I hope they do! ugh!

We do engineering support stuff.

Yeah and I am definitely not trusting this woman anymore. I have never experienced BS like this before. Guess it is lesson learned. "Only pick up your own lunch"

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I hope you spit in her Mojita!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I can't get past the fact that you work in an office where a one hour roundtrip drive to pick up lunch ever seems to be a good idea.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't get past the fact that you work in an office where a one hour roundtrip drive to pick up lunch ever seems to be a good idea.
We work 10 hour days. So we are allowed to take unpaid hour lunches if we choose to. So every once in a while we do it :) I can deal with that.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Okay, that co-worker needs to get a grip on it and get the hell over it! :mad:

After all the **** you got about how long it took, I'd never offer to run pick-up for anything, ever! They want lunch, let them make the hour long drive to get it.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I don't understand how someone could treat a person that is doing them a favor that way. Pretty bad. You should have taken the food back off of her.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't understand how someone could treat a person that is doing them a favor that way. Pretty bad. You should have taken the food back off of her.
I was rather taken aback for sure. I was trying to be helpful. God forbid I am 15 mins late. I was tempted to just say...uh oops I dropped it. She hadn't paid me yet so I could have just taken the food and eaten it for dinner!

Like Lexis mom said...I am never ever picking up anyone's lunch for them ever again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts