Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this board is always a great place to get random questions answered, here is a beaut!

How do you tactfully tell a guy he has hairy ears??

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha!

Tactfully is not in my vocabulary either! That is why I came here!!

I don't want to hurt his feelings or embarrass him...I honestly think he doesn't know they are hairy...this guy is clean cut, handsome, well dressed, smells good...pretty much perfect...except SUPER hairy ears!

I do know he said he was due for a haircut...do barbers clean up your ears?? Maybe he didn't realize they were furry since his barber usually takes care of that?!?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
A barber will usually trim the lobes with the general 'cleanup' around the ears. But in my general experience, if getting to the hair involves any level of spelunking, he/she ain't going there.

As to how to drop the word, there's always this: "HEY WEREWOLF! THOSE EARS ARE GROSS!"

Or, more subtly, you can invest in a really good rotary-trimmer (nose hair/ear hair/eyebrows) and give it to him as a gift.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I laughed when I read the werewolf comment...I was going to tell him he has "kitty cat ears"

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't know about the barber, that's actually a good question!

Is this guy a friend? If you're pretty close, I'd almost say something like "You've got something on your ear", reach up to touch (BUT DON'T), pull your hand away, and say, "Oh, it's just a hair". Then I'd assume he'd get the idea.

Wow, that was detailed!

When DH has a nose hair that's a tad too long (*gag*), I look at him funny to get his attention and motion to my own nose. He reaches up, grabs a few, and YANKS THEM OUT. OUCH! ROFL, I'm sorry, you made me laugh this morning after a night of no sleep, so forgive me if I'm being silly! Furry ears will do that to you!

·
Registered
257 Posts
A barber will usually trim the lobes with the general 'cleanup' around the ears. But in my general experience, if getting to the hair involves any level of spelunking, he/she ain't going there.

As to how to drop the word, there's always this: "HEY WEREWOLF! THOSE EARS ARE GROSS!"

Or, more subtly, you can invest in a really good rotary-trimmer (nose hair/ear hair/eyebrows) and give it to him as a gift.
BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know about the barber, that's actually a good question!

Is this guy a friend? If you're pretty close, I'd almost say something like "You've got something on your ear", reach up to touch (BUT DON'T), pull your hand away, and say, "Oh, it's just a hair". Then I'd assume he'd get the idea.

Wow, that was detailed!

When DH has a nose hair that's a tad too long (*gag*), I look at him funny to get his attention and motion to my own nose. He reaches up, grabs a few, and YANKS THEM OUT. OUCH! ROFL, I'm sorry, you made me laugh this morning after a night of no sleep, so forgive me if I'm being silly! Furry ears will do that to you!
LOL!

"It's just A hair" would actually be "oh, its just a tuft of hair!"

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Do you know where he goes to get his hair done? You could call ahead and have the barber tell him =)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
What irks me even more are men (and it's usually older men) w/the out-of-control eyebrows. Like Andy Rooney-style. I once worked w/an elder pastor who had wooly caterpillers up there. I mean HURK!! The hairs were so long they curved down and would stick in his eye. And then he'd get all blinky and watery and swipe at it as if it were a fly.

IT'S YOUR FRIGGING EYEBROWS, METHUSELA, GET A TRIMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
If he is a good friend I would just tell him.

As for eyebrows... there is a guy at work that could really use a good grooming. I pluck SU's wild ones and he uses his beard trimmer when he notices. How about a little grooming boys!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
What irks me even more are men (and it's usually older men) w/the out-of-control eyebrows. Like Andy Rooney-style. I once worked w/an elder pastor who had wooly caterpillers up there. I mean HURK!! The hairs were so long they curved down and would stick in his eye. And then he'd get all blinky and watery and swipe at it as if it were a fly.

No kidding, nothing worse than a unibrow or caterpillers(caterbrows)on a man or women.

I guess the best approach is to be straight forward and tell him to get his ear hairs trimmed. I know I would want to know about it.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts

YES that is gross....if they look in the mirror how can they not see those critters? OMG I was watching some show and the older man had such large eyebrows they went half way up his forehead!! He could of had a "comb back" instead of a comb over!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts