Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at several B&W conversions over the last few days. One of the biggest problems I'm seeing is that the original pictures have problems of their own. It is not easy to convert a picture and make it look good as a B&W unless it's a good picture to begin with. By now, everyone should be able to start critiquing their own photos. Let's try to convert only the very best photos we can. If a picture has a blown out area in color, it will only appear worse in B&W.

When you post a B&W conversion, please tell me how you converted it. If you just used an auto conversion, there's not really anything I can do to improve it. Hopefully, Linda will do an editing lesson soon, so you'll understand more how to do manual editing.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jimbo, I going to. I just have to find time to do it. When my grand is here isn't the time. Maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Wish I could try a raw photo, but I cannot find anywhere on my camera where I can do that.

Monnie, do you want us to continue taking some pictures and converting them into B&W?

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Jimbo said:
Speaking of manual editing, I wish more people would try my RAW lesson... :p
I want to let you know I enjoyed the lesson. I can see where it would be like an insurance policy--able to fix a not so perfect picture. I just wish I had a better eye for things.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sue, not necessarily. If you feel you can convert them ok, you shouldn't need to.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Linda1 said:
Jimbo said:
Speaking of manual editing, I wish more people would try my RAW lesson... :p
I want to let you know I enjoyed the lesson. I can see where it would be like an insurance policy--able to fix a not so perfect picture. I just wish I had a better eye for things.
Thanks Linda... I'm glad you enjoyed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts