Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess closing Gitmo was just part of a bigger plan.......apparently it's easier to just kill the bad guys instead of capture them. ;)

So much for building bridges, making nice, fixing our bad reputation and the fact that the only reason radical islam hates us is because we kill them.......Who is this new Barak Obama? The one who OK's air strikes to kill bad guys?

Missiles fired from a suspected U.S. spy plane killed seven people Friday on the Pakistan side of the Afghan border, a lawless region where al-Qaida militants are known to hide out, officials said.
The strike was the first on Pakistani territory since the inauguration of President Barrack Obama.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D95SSHE80&show_article=1

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I say HOORAY!!

We have been very shoddy in fighting terrorists in the Pakistan/Afghan area. I'll bet a mortgage payment that's where Bin Laden is and has been laughing his ass off since 9/11. We're paying billions per year to subsidize the hunt, and the Pakistani leaders have NO impetus to actually make good, bending to the tribal lords in an effort not to make waves.

If President Obama can bring Bin Laden to justice, I will...
I'll...

Heck, I'll vote for him in 2012!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
They weren't the first air strikes in that region. Just the first for his administration.

Although the United States rarely officially acknowledges launching such strikes, which are suspected to come from U.S. spy planes hovering over neighboring Afghanistan, the attacks are the latest in a barrage of more than 30 since the middle of last year.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Melissa said:
They weren't the first air strikes in that region. Just the first for his administration.

Although the United States rarely officially acknowledges launching such strikes, which are suspected to come from U.S. spy planes hovering over neighboring Afghanistan, the attacks are the latest in a barrage of more than 30 since the middle of last year.
right....that's what was said.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
Before I form an opinion is this for a legit source or just a blog :whatever:
I won't believe this until it shows up on Huffington.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I have the wrong impression........apparently BO always intended to bomb Pakistan. Interesting.

Q: You said back in August you would go into western Pakistan if you had actionable intelligence to go after it, whether or not the Pakistani government agreed. Do you stand by that?

A: I absolutely do stand by it. We should do everything in our power to push and cooperate with the Pakistani government in taking on Al Qaida, which is now based in northwest Pakistan. And what we know from our national intelligence estimates is that Al Qaida is stronger now than at any time since 2001. And so, back in August, I said we should work with the Pakistani government, first of all to encourage democracy in Pakistan so you’ve got a legitimate government, and secondly that we have to press them to do more to take on Al Qaida in their territory; and if they could not or would not do so, and we had actionable intelligence, then I would strike. The two heads of the 9/11 Commission a few months later wrote an editorial saying the exact same thing. I think it’s indisputable that that should be our course.

Source: 2008 Facebook/WMUR-NH Democratic primary debate Jan 6, 2008

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
gundogpa said:
I don't know......is the AP legit? ;)
I hope ;)
Sometimes I have my doubts. ;)

dweck said:
I say HOORAY!!

If President Obama can bring Bin Laden to justice, I will...
I'll...

Heck, I'll vote for him in 2012!
Don't get too hasty there Dan, willtake more than that for me, or else a heck of a lot less runnin' against him. ;)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I'm not sure why the surprise. He has said repeatedly that we should be focusing more attention there (Afghanistan/Pakistan) which I pretty much agree with him on that one. If this results in the capture of Bin Laden and neutralizes any other terrorists who are there, then he can bomb away as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
The Canadian Forces in Afghanistan are stretched thin, and have been targetted fairly heavily by the Taliban.. we could use some additional forces over there - how is that obnoxious?

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
kaytris said:
The Canadian Forces in Afghanistan are stretched thin, and have been targetted fairly heavily by the Taliban.. we could use some additional forces over there - how is that obnoxious?
It probably isn't, I think I took it the wrong way. I took it as you were implying the US wasn't pulling its weight and it was hurting the Canadian forces. I guess you meant that if Canada won't/can't send more troops than any other country contributing more will only help all involved, and if that's the case I agree....and I think it's too long in coming. I think a lot of countries should take a look at the number of forces they have in Afghanistan and seriously consider adding more. I think the country is at a tipping point where it could spiral out of control.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
We (Collective we) missed the boat initially when we could have really made a difference over there.. unless there's significant support and mission development over there in the next few years, the country will simply revert to the Taliban and god only knows what will happen then... a concentrated effort on the Pakistan/Afghani border will root out the die-hards and hopefully find Bin Laden..

I didn't mean to imply the US forces weren't pulling their weight by any means.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts