Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed when sammi was laying on her back playing with a toy that her vulva is swollen. She has been spayed since she was 9 months old- 3 months after her first heat. She is now 3yrs. old. I have never noticed this before, she seems perfectly fine- peeing, eating, playing, no discharge, no redness, she isn't licking, anymore then usual that is - it looks like she did just days before her first heat but not quite as enlarged, what could this be?? Should I take her to the vet. Thanks for any help- Di

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I never had that happen with either of my spayed females - but I suspect that perhaps she has some sort of topical infection. ? Maybe? Or - could she have a bug bite there?

She should see a vet IMO.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never had that happen with either of my spayed females - but I suspect that perhaps she has some sort of topical infection. ? Maybe? Or - could she have a bug bite there?

She should see a vet IMO.
Thanks, I didn't want to wait for whatever to get worse, so I called the vet. luckily they could see her before they closed at 6pm. Taking a closer look it does appear to be some sort of an infection- I'm always grateful that Sammi is so good with the vet, anyway she could take a closer look then I. So Sam is on antibiotics and the vet wants to see her next Mon. just for a recheck. Hopefully the antibiotics do the trick and its nothing more serious! Thanks for your post- Di

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Di I am so sorry to hear about Sammi's swollen bits. I hope it goes away really soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts