Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to get all the remotes configured to one! Is it even possible? We now have one for the sattelite, one for the dvd, and one for the tv, seriously its driving me crazy. I know we are the one's that got all the gadgets, but is there possibly away to get it down to one or maybe even two? :confused:

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I have three too Di. My son says he will come over & have everything work off of one remote. I guess it's possible. I, of course, would not know how to do it. :D Good luck.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.k question answered- and with that helpful reply I now have also figured out where to start:rolleyes: Actually I have, so sometimes asking an incredibly stupid question, gives you an opportunity to learn something all on your own:D:D By tonight I will have it all dialed in:p

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have three too Di. My son says he will come over & have everything work off of one remote. I guess it's possible. I, of course, would not know how to do it. :D Good luck.
When I get it figured out you want me to explain it too you Georgie:eek: :D:D

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We can run everything off of one remote and we didn't pay a ton for ours either. Buy a universal remote - don't go too cheap though. The instructions for the remote come with codes for different brands of TVs, DVD players, etc. It's trial and error - you punch in the codes for your, say, Sony TV until you find the one that works on your particular model. Then you move one to all the other things you want to program.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have a vizio T.V and found out that not all the universal remotes work with them. I have it down to two, which is do able. I checked on the Harmony, its quite a bit more then I was hoping to spend. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, and I have my eye on a new computer which is way more important then a remote. I'll keep looking around for something that will work and is a little less money. Until then at least its only two.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
We have the tv, sound system dvd and cable box on one remote. One day Heather started pushing buttons and it took me an hour to figure out how to get the tv picture back!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
We have all of the major functions on one remote, but we still have the other remotes for little things that we can't make work without the original remotes. Does the Harmony allow all of the functionality of the original remotes?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
We have one for each component, which is 4. We have some fancy $100 unversal remote that hubby got from work for free that he has never even tried to figure out. One of his friends was supposed to do it 2 years ago...

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We have all of the major functions on one remote, but we still have the other remotes for little things that we can't make work without the original remotes. Does the Harmony allow all of the functionality of the original remotes?
Check their website. One of the universal remote companies has a configurator where you enter all the devices you want to manage by model number and it will tell you what it can do and what model remote you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts