Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone elses lab chew their nylabone until it looks like this?

its very sharp...i think she's up to something ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yea, alot of ours look like that. I keep wondering if they need to be tossed when it gets to that point. No pun intended LOL!!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
yup ours look like that and they love to poke you with them!

That one is getting pretty small and I would prolly toss it.

But our Nylabone rings sometimes are not even rings any more but horse shoe shaped.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I put the small 'galileo' bone in Frankie's bowl with his food. Sometimes he'll have yogurt mixed in, or pumpkin, and almost always green beans. I noticed that the leftovers would get stuck in the little crevices and then I worried that it would rot. :-X Now I keep a toothbrush by the sink and clean out the crevices all the time.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Yup, looks like Bailey's.
Those things are sharp weapons when they rub/drop them on you!!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Yep both of Boo's look like shanks. We thought that from the beginning she was making them to escape her crate while we were gone. I'm still not sure she won't try to use one for that purpose. ;D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I toss them when they get worn like that, only because I'm afraid Shadow will cut her mouth or the inside of her throat on it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah.. that one is getting a little small... jazz does that to her nylabones too.. she has a whole basket of about 8 of them she picks from. Sometimes she has to pull them all 2 at a time to decide which ones she wants..

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
When Sundance's get like that (and they always do eventually) SU sandpapers the sharp little edges down. It works pretty well.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Labmom2Sun said:
When Sundance's get like that (and they always do eventually) SU sandpapers the sharp little edges down. It works pretty well.
I never thought of that, ours get sharp/pointed also. Sometimes Barnsley does get little cuts in his mouth even if the ends are not pointed. Those little plastic shreds are sharp. I am am expert on this as I have stepped on them many times and had scrapes on my arms and legs from the dogs trying to share them with me ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts