Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am planning a get together with a tentative date of Aug 11th (Sat) for a Lab Fest BBQ for the OR and WA Labs and their owners.

Feedback so far has been very positive. Now to just find a place :-\, any suggestions on the place or the date please post here

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Aug 11th works here, actually falls on my weekend off- actually I only work every sixth, so thats not hard to do! Did we want to try to find someplace where the pups can be off leash and we can sit up for picnic and or bbq? Near the water would be great. There is a place called 1000 acres right off 84- great for the dogs, great place to walk around, trails everywhere, and water- its right where the Sandy river and Columbia come together, but no place really to picnic. Oh well I'll do some checking-- And Sammi and I are more then willing to travel. This sounds like alot of fun!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know Champoeg park has a big off leash dog area, and they have day picnic areas w/ BBqs. that is a possibility.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checking in--Champoeg sounds like a good spot. I haven't been there in years. I will put on my thinking cap too and see what I come up with. This is going to be so much fun. August 11th works for us, too. I will keep that day open.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Betsy and I are were talking today. I have almost 5 acres, though it isn't fenced in. We thought what if we bought some of that orange fencing from like home depot it's like temporary. I could have it at my house, tehn we could have bathrooms and a BBQ. People would just need to bring chairs and stuff, I don't know think about it. I live in Banks, right off of Hwy 26. The house isn't the greatest but we have a barn and two fields. Is that too far west do ya guys think?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sounds fun to me! Wonder if we could rent some sort of temp. fencing! Just a thought or the stuff from home depot would probably do the trick, just dont want you or anyone stuck with something you cant use when were done. This will be great times!! :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
If I'm not working count us in too! It would be great to meet and greet all of the JL's that live in this area. Keep me posted and let me know what I can do to help out!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Banks is not far at all. I used to live in Forest Grove.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think all of us could pitch in for the cost of the fencing. I wouldn't think it would be to much.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hey all you Oregon and Washington Lab Owners - are there any updates for a Lab Fest for this area? Haven't seen anything posted for awhile and was wondering?????

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I havent seen anything in awhile either, but still leaving the weekend open! It would be great fun ;D

·
Registered
870 Posts
I am off that weekend too!!! Yippee. The kids and I will be there, where ever it is. What can I do to help out?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Hi guys/gals-- I live in Yakima (well, north of Yakima ~10 miles), have 5 fenced acres..... and know of one other lister here that also lives in Yakima. That particular weekend, however, I was thinking about going to the hunt test in Carnation, WA, to watch one of my pups run.

I actually was about to post to see if anyone was going to the LRC (Lab Nationals) in October in OR!!!! See my other post on that. -Anne

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Wow I live in Gresham Or. but have relates in Yakima-it maybe out of the way for most folks though. Not sure this is going to work out after all :(-

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
dipete said:
Wow I live in Gresham Or. but have relates in Yakima-it maybe out of the way for most folks though. Not sure this is going to work out after all :(-
Well come visit sometime! :D -Anne

1 - 19 of 19 Posts