Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got someone wondering if this is worth it. They tried WW but since they don't cook much themselves, it really wasn't that helpful.

Does anyone know of someone who has used it, or has anyone used it themselves? Does the food taste decent? TIA.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I had a friend that did it, and he lost A LOT of weight. He never complained about the food, but it scares me because it doesn't have to be refrigerated.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
but it scares me because it doesn't have to be refrigerated.
Ew.

Valerie Bertinelli has convinced me that if I ever become overweight, Jenny Craig is for me!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
When I looked into NutriSystem, it seemed to me that it was just a more expensive version of the Lean Cuisine plan. They provide meals and snacks but you still have to provide all the fruits and vegetables that they want you to eat and it gets pretty expensive pretty fast. The ads make it seem like they are providing everything you're going to need, but they don't. I did a sample plan for two weeks and didn't feel that the meals were any better than your average Lean Cuisine.

Take a look at the Lean Cuisine plan on their website before you sign up for something expensive. I used it when I first started losing weight and did very well on it. Once I got more comfortable with not eating like a pig, I moved on to trying to cook more healthy meals in normal sized portions but it was easy to keep some of the meals in the freezer for when I got lazy or didn't feel like making the effort.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
<<whispers>> South. Beach.

Never hungry.
Everything's at your local supermarket or already in your cupboard.
Easy as pie. ((mmmm. pie... AARGH)). No counting cals. No points. No charts, graphs, or diagrams. No meetings.
The initial purge is a little tough, but once done, it's DONE
You can live on it for the rest of your life w/out too much effort

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Take a look at the Lean Cuisine plan on their website before you sign up for something expensive. I used it when I first started losing weight and did very well on it. Once I got more comfortable with not eating like a pig, I moved on to trying to cook more healthy meals in normal sized portions but it was easy to keep some of the meals in the freezer for when I got lazy or didn't feel like making the effort.
Wow, great advice. I didn't realize they had a "plan" or a website. I'm sure it is a great way to learn portion control.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts

Never hungry.
Easy as pie. ((mmmm. pie... AARGH)). No counting cals. No points. No charts, graphs, or diagrams. No meetings.
I did the purge once but I didn't stick to what follows. I got a bit tired of eating nuts,eggs and salads. Plus fixing food for my family made it hard.
I need to just plain exercise and eat better.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews of both Jenny Craig and Nutri-system. In the end, WW is the best option because you can use what's in your cabinet. I don't count points, but I use portion control and I'm never hungry either. :)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
What is it freeze dried?
I don't know what it is. My guess is that it is just way preserved. It thought it just seemed wrong that he would go to the pantry, pull out a box, pop it in the microwave and eat it.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts

Never hungry.

I totally agree! And after the first two weeks, I don't find it hard at all. There are tons of recipes that are really good. My husband likes it and that's saying something. It's just a healthy eating lifestyle. Lean protein, veggies and fruits and whole grains, some low-fat dairy. I like making the desserts because it makes you feel like you're not on a diet and they're so good. I got a lot of my recipes on line for free.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I did it a few years ago, lost weight quickly but I gained it right back as with any diet as soon as I quit. I got really tired of the food. The pasta was like how ramen comes. Add boiling water and it cooks. That wasn't too bad. The meaty stuff looked exactly like a thawed out frozen meal but was fresh.

The worst part....Nutri toots! Horrible soy gas!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts