Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup... I woke up to sounds of hacking and thought oh no..Aidan sounds worse and he was getting better!
Wasn't Aidan ::) Emma has come down with it now also .... sigh.... :-\

Can she re-infect Aidan? He still has it but it's much milder compared to day 1.
If she can I need to know so I can attempt at separating those 2- who are inseparable.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Poor Emma. Hope Shadow doesn't get it too.

I don't know about the re-infection, but maybe they are immune a time after, so they can't get infected right away when they had it once?? But really I have no idea.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh no!

I'm thinking the same thing...that once they've had it they'd be immune for a while. Otherwise, once a kennel got it, it would never go away, right?

Poor Emma. Hope she throws it off soon!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
AngusFangus said:
I'm thinking the same thing...that once they've had it they'd be immune for a while. Otherwise, once a kennel got it, it would never go away, right?
Mav's breeder said that she had it for months- it just made the rounds back and forth through the dogs and never could completely get rid of it. My vet advocates a very aggressive treatment because of this.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have kept Shadow away from Aidan intentionally. But it is sooo hard to keep Emma away from him. they're like Irish twins and it's inevitable that Emma would catch it from him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts