Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard back from the first job I applied for. They offered 32 or 40 hrs at a dollar more than I make now. It also has very affordable health insurance. I'm thinking of taking 32 hours. It has an every other weekend schedule.

The job I really want is the one in CT who offered me per diem. If I take the 32 hour one I may be able to pick up some time in CT. Leaving that open when something Full time becomes available.

If I keep my job. I'm commited to every weekend I work 2 12 hour shifts. and get paid for 36 no benefits. I have been working 3 days on top of that making it 52 hours a week. This is not going to last forever. They will hire someone to cover the 3 days, I pick up could be tomorrow, could be a month form now. Also the company wants to take the Baylors program away. We are all waiting the hear when that is going to happen right now they say we are safe. The told that to my staff then took it away with the month. So it's safe to say we do not trust our management.

The first job mentioned. I would love every other weekend off. Especially with summer coming up. I'm a little scared to move jobs the pay checks will be less, than I am used to. On the other hand what I'm used to making is dependent on the way I'm working. With the company cuts not guaranteed like the other 2 jobs. It also has much better benefits. The other 2 at this time do not offer that.

Really confused as to what to do. I think the main thing that has me scared is the loss of the money. I'm petrified after what just happened with my car. That is almost settled. Tomorrow is my pay day and I will have enough to get Toyota to release the car. I just have to work out a deal with the people that have it. They charge 30 dollars a day to keep it. I will figure that out after making Toyota happy.

If you made it this far I have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I read the entire thing and I don't know. Are you paying for insurance now? If so, how much will the cheaper plan save you. Could you pick up some per diem's when you wanted to some place else?
Pray about it (if you are a praying girl)! :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the problem is I think too much. Because Of the economy I was never expecting to be offered both. I am very thank full that this is my dilemma, instead of trying to find work like many that I know of. After I posted this I took a shower and of course thought about every angle. The job that is offering the 32 every other weekend also offers Baylors I could always go back to every weekend with them. Then leave the time open for the job in CT. So maybe I just leap to a stable company and once there play it by ear.

Sandy I do not have health benefits at my job it's 200 a week +. So I declined them. At the new job its 20 dollars a week for health coverage.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I would try to figure out exactly how much money you need for monthly expenses and see if you can do it on job #1's salary. It sounds like a good job, and benefits are important. I think having a medical problem is one of the main things that forces people into bankruptcy. If you're worried about the money, take the 40 hours, but like you said if you do 32 you may be able to pick up time in CT. It's a tough call. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
From what you posted, I would think the 32 hr job would be best, leaving enough room for more work, stable, and affordable benefits, plys the satisfaction factor of having every second weekend off. But I am not you, nor do I know all of the details, but from what I read, that's what I am leaning towards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts