Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was my phone alarm and kept trying to shut it off.

Apparently someone on the floor below us decided to cook eggs and fell asleep, starting a small fire. There were 6 firetrucks, including two ladder trucks in the parking lot.

My 6yr old son slept through the alarms and only woke up when we put a tshirt on him. We had to stand outside for 1.5hr until we got the all clear.

We passed an older man on our way out. He was coming out of his room and I said something in passing like "Great way to wake up, isn't it?" and we thought he was following us. Neither of us noticed that he never came out. Come to find out- his wife cannot walk down 5flights of stairs, so he was waiting for the fireman to come get them. I felt so bad. But with two young kids, one who was panicking (Kelsey) and the other who was cold, our minds weren't really clear. I walked over and apologized, but his wife said not to worry- we had kids to take care of. And luckily, they were not in danger, but I still feel bad we weren't looking out for them.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Aww, I feel bad for that older couple, but you did what you needed to do for your kids.

There are idiots who are calling people in hotels and telling them to pull fire alarms, break out windows, etc., and it's all a prank. :mad: Can you imagine, freaking out because someone tells you to throw a chair through a window to break it because of a fire, and it's a smurfing prank?!? The hotels are telling people now that they will go door-to-door if there is a problem.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I used to travel a lot for work, and had that happen more than once. It is so annoying to have to get up and leave the hotel. I never had my kids with me when it happened, that would make it so much worse.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Wow! I'm glad it wasn't serious and you guys were safe. Don't feel too bad about the older couple. You had your kids to think of. If it was serious, you could have alerted the firemen to where they were.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I travel and stay in hotels 3-4 nights a week...every week. This has never happened to me.

I want to thank you in advance for posting this. My luck will have it that I'll be woke up from a sound sleep for the next two months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts