Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That light it's building its nest on is near the patio door, the busiest door in my house. The dogs are in and out of there, on good days, at least 20 times a day. She flies off each time the door is opened.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwww, poor girl. I feel sorry for her. :( I suppose you can't move it? Are there eggs in it yet?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
They always try to build IN the wreath we have on the front door. When we see the first nest-building supplies we bring the wreath in.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really hot when we turn it on which isn't often. The nest won't be there long. She abandons it once she realizes it's too busy an area to have a nest.

·
Registered
869 Posts
we had a robin build her next right outside our back door as well. A couple of years ago we had one on our kids swing set.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
We had one build a nest on a motion activated light. We didn't see it till it was to late. I guess the nest caused the light to stay on and it caught on fire and burned a hole into the side of our garage. Thank goodness it didn't burn the whole garage and house down.
Now in the spring we check it like 3 times a day. They always try to build one there and we have to keep knocking it down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts