Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to call a plumber over to fix my slow draining kitchen sink. Anyway, when the guy got here, of course Tal and Barney went up to him. Barney started to bark a bit, which he will do when someone he doesn't know comes to the house, but when he sees I am ok with them, he stops.

I have been working on getting them not to jump up on people when they come over. I got between the plumber and them, made Tal and Barney sit, then gave them a treat. :) And they followed us and of course, had to say goodbye when the guy left. I am so proud that they are getting much, much better about not jumping on someone when they come to the house.

Where was Midnight in all of this? Underneath my bed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That's great, Guy, the boys are really learning. :) Midnight was just staying cool in her cave.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Ugh, I totally understand the jumping thing. Abbey is a stinker about it, too. All of my friends and family know to not pet her, but to turn around and ignore her. It works, but every time we go somewhere else and there are people I don't know, they don't know not to pet her. Stinks!!!

Sounds like what you're doing is working.. good boys!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts