Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a 4-wheeled carT, not wagon (dont want that style handle), that you push, not pull...Imagine a handle like the jogger stroller style, bigger tires, flat bed like a lawn and garden cart, that is off the ground by about a foot give or take. We do a lot with our dogs but Indy cant walk very far anymore. I thought something like this would be perfect to let him sprawl on once he gets tired, and I could push him around on it... Everytime I try to google something, all I get are utility cards with the little funky wheels like an office chair, or wheelchairs for dogs... It has to be somewhat "road worthy", that you can take over curbs or grassy lawns like at a park... I thought something like this would help us take him to more functions instead of leaving him at home. His spirit is willing but the poor legs arent.

Does/has anyone heard/seen anything like this?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I think you'd have better luck looking at strollers (either for twins or tandem/front & rear seats). These have canvas seats that could be fairly easily removed and an auto fabric shop that does replacement convertible tops could custom make something for your Lab.

For example, see Amazon.com: twin toddler strollers

Many cities have shops that sell second hand/previously used baby & toddler stuff. You might look there rather than buying new.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sunshyne and Bob. My dad might possibly be able to fabricate something like this, to remove the tops, and put a flat straght bottom. I didnt even think of a twin stroller as a possibility.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
How about one of those 'buggies' joggers use to take their young kids with them on a run. Three large wheels, generally light weight push carts.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about one of those 'buggies' joggers use to take their young kids with them on a run. Three large wheels, generally light weight push carts.
That's what Bob and Sunshyne kind of got at...which makes a lot of sense now...just have to figure out some fabrication because he couldnt be enclosed (he'd freak out).... I like the 4-wheeled utility carts, just dont like the handle like a wagon, but I love the handle and front tire on the joggers...Now you guys got my noodle thinking. Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
What about kind of re-appointing a garden cart sort of deal? Like the ones you can use at home depot to haul your mulch to the checkout? If you have a fabricator in the family or as a friend you could weld sides to it & put a bed on it. They usually have some pretty decent tires on the thing too. ~ L

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.