Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my spoiled king charles cavalier spaniel just passed the canine good citizen. I am so thrilled. This little dog was the shy pup in the litter, she was sold to us after the breeder decided her personality was too timid for the show ring.

I have taken her to puppy K, 2 beginning obedience, 3 itermediate obedience classes and finally we were ready to try the test. We have socialized and socialized. I feel like we finally got past the biggest obstacle and now I am happy to say it was so worth it...on to Rally!!!

Yes, she is still timid but is now looking to me to know what to do instead of turning and running! It is an awesome feeling.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
How exciting! I know that Cavs tend to be a little shy. I've seen quite a few that go through obedience or rally with their tails tucked. Good for you that you are able to socialize and progress with your little one!
My daughter owns a Cav, and he is here quite a bit. So I know how much fun they can be!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:( sorry no pictures...I thought about bringing out the camera to the test night but decided against it...the thought of failing was making me nervous. She did awesome on every item and then we had to do the three minutes leave...I was SO NERVOUS! But when I returned the instructor said she could out wait all of them! lol.

We have worked really hard on her, and now I know I would so much rather have a jumpy happy go lucky dog to train then a scared one...it has been tough work. I love her anyway! :D Yeah, I am still riding the high of passing the test.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Congratulations!! :) Now, you might want to try her in agility. I'll bet that will add to her confidence level.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts