Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do to treat yourself when food-rewards, for dieting reasons, are not an option?

Today, after our run, my friends and I decided to window-shop instead of heading to Starbucks. I bought myself a pair of sunglasses (on sale) ... SOOOOO much nicer to have a new pair of sunglasses, instead of the memory of a 900 calorie mid-morning snack. ;D

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Nonfood rewards are very important forms of positive reinforcement, if you find the right motivators. For example, sometimes I'll play a good round of tug, or play with my balls.

Wait, that didn't come out right, did it? ???

Seriously, I do have a problem with books and CDs. Sometimes I will reward myself a little too generously with one or the other, or even both.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theoconbrio said:
Seriously, I do have a problem with books and CDs. Sometimes I will reward myself a little too generously with one or the other, or even both.
We ran out of places to put books ... we literally decorate with books because we can't stand to pack them away (we can't seal up all that knowledge!) ... we keep saying that we are going to use the library instead of buying, but we never do. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts