Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Re: Non digital camera

Hey There fellow dinosaur! I still use film cameras. I have SLR Nikons and a point and shoot 35mm Nikon. What are you interested in? Ritz camera still carries film cameras but the acessories are harder to come by due to digital.

I do have a point and shoot digital on the way to me. I hope the UPS man delivers today.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts

You can get excellent deals on used film cameras at most good camera stores. You could get an old Nikon F or Pentax K1000 or ME and a few lenses for less than a new digital camera. I still use my old Pentax ME regularly. The bonus is that I can use the lense from my old Pentax on my new Pentax K100 digital :D

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well here is the deal. I had and may still have my Nikon 35mm but I CANT find it! I haven't seen it since August. I also have the HP digi 635 which just shot craps :mad: So I am without a camera... since I like the 35mm so well I am thinking of getting one of these first and then later a new digital one. I have a lot of events coming up and I need to TAKE PICS!!

thanks for any help. ;)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

Try looking in the closets, on the floor - that's where Bill found his film camera!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

My work still sells film cameras, you can still find them around. Some of us still really love to shoot film.
It's my favorite media...I have 2 35mm SLRs which I love.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts

Ritz Camera sells non digital Canon and Nikon cameras.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I just sold my print Canons a few months ago. I parted with my AE-1 (cried real tears when I sold it) and my EOS Rebel.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts

MidwestGirl said:
I would be more inclined to get this (or one like it). The Pentax K1000 is bombproof and a great camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-K1000-As...5QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15240QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or one of these. Again, bombproof (used by photojournalists).

http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Nikon-F2-C...QQihZ001QQcategoryZ107925QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts