Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
OMG! I don't want to jump the gun here, somebody explain it better, please. So since I'm a professional with a decent job and pay my $%$%$% taxes, I won't get a stimulus check? Is this correct? I know it's not a done deal, just one guys idea, but if that's true, then that's it, I'm quitting my job, going on welfare, getting free health care, and collect my check from all you libs that voted these idiots in. :D

And I vow to stay out of all political threads the rest of the day. Please stop me if I open my mouth again.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
So, is this reverse discrimination hello my name is Regina I'm white and my brother is a construction a worker and my family is in the business too, so they're in deep sh*t, are you not going to help my brother out because he's white :suspious:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
hehehehehehehehe about time. ;)

I can't tell you how many arguments the SU and I have about discrimination. He cannot understand it because he is a white male and the world has been handed to him. Try being female, asshat. Try being someone of color. Then *****, but until then STHU.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
What this shows you is that this is less about stimulating the economy and more about finally getting a wide open chance to do some serious social engineering.

I'd love to see a reporter ask Obama about this at his first big news conference but no one will.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Golfgirlrobin said:
What this shows you is that this is less about stimulating the economy and more about finally getting a wide open chance to do some serious social engineering.

I'd love to see a reporter ask Obama about this at his first big news conference but no one will.
Because they can't go against the great one :no: This is horrible, talk about not getting rid of racism...it's just digging it up and getting people angry is all it's doing, one step forward, 10 steps back.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Tundra Aries said:
So, is this reverse discrimination hello my name is Regina I'm white and my brother is a construction a worker and my family is in the business too, so they're in deep sh*t, are you not going to help my brother out because he's white :suspious:
WTF???? Yeah, so billy's screwed because he's a white male construction worker? Screw the fact that his business is hurting but let him suffer? Reverse racism is not ok..just like racism against minorities arent ok. If people want to move past racism i seriously dont think this will help things.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
heh.. lookit all the white people bitching about racism.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
chance72399 said:
Tundra Aries said:
WTF???? Yeah, so billy's screwed because he's a white male construction worker? Screw the fact that his business is hurting but let him suffer? Reverse racism is not ok..just like racism against minorities arent ok. If people want to move past racism i seriously dont think this will help things.
I agree with you here, we're not going to move forward, this is only going to make more racism, for the people that still aren't over racism against blacks, and their are MANY, this is only feeding them even more and will never be done with this.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I'm sorry but are you saying its ok to be discriminatory against whites now? If thats the case then we're never going to get past racism in America. Black, White, Mexican, etc....still doesnt make it right to be discriminatory. Sorry but thats JMHO!!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
kelli said:
heh.. lookit all the white people bitching about racism.
that is racist
Racism is wrong no matter what. The only difference is that this seems to be directed at white males as opposed to blacks. So by now showing racism towards white males that is somehow supposed to even things out? It seems to me that, given the number of whites who voted for Obama, it is most whites who have gone past racism, but when an overwhelming number of blacks vote for him because he is black, they are engaging in the very thing they say they detest. Sadly, there are people of both races who cannot get beyond this.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I'm soooo sorry, tell me I'm misunderstanding what is being said, because I think we're going backwards if I'm reading this correctly, I heard this on the radio this morning and I can't tell you how ticked off people were.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/01/22/video-no-stimulus-money-for-white-males/
Okay, Regina, you and your think-alike friends ARE misunderstanding.

The website you linked is a conservative one designed to peddle 'inciteful' :laugh: material to inflame people like you.

Robert Reich was in Clinton's cabinet, he's a professor; he's not in Obama's government. He's not proclaiming Obama policy.

Feel any better now?

I didn't think so. Do you enjoy getting worked up and POed?

If you ever tire of Hotair, give Rush Limbaugh a try, you might like him.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Bob Pr. said:
I'm soooo sorry, tell me I'm misunderstanding what is being said, because I think we're going backwards if I'm reading this correctly, I heard this on the radio this morning and I can't tell you how ticked off people were.

The website you linked is a conservative one designed to peddle 'inciteful' :laugh: material to inflame people like you.

Robert Reich was in Clinton's cabinet, he's a professor; he's not in Obama's government. He's not proclaiming Obama policy.

Feel any better now?

Yep, I soooo love geeting POed and getting worked up...glad you figured me out, they were talking about it on the radio today, so I just did a fast search on it and pulled this up.

Back off of me already, I'm still waiting for you to write 1 nice thread, haven't seen one out of you yet in O&E!

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Bob Pr. said:

Feel any better now?

As my sister stated in her first post she was hoping someone could come on and correct her if the link she had found was misinforming. No one came on to correct her until now. I think being snotty to her is not needed.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
The Stimulus: How to Create Jobs Without Them All Going to Skilled Professionals and White Male Construction Workers
The stimulus plan will create jobs repairing and upgrading the nation's roads, bridges, ports, levees, water and sewage system, public-transit systems, electricity grid, and schools. And it will kick-start alternative, non-fossil based sources of energy (wind, solar, geothermal, and so on); new health-care information systems; and universal broadband Internet access.

It's a two-fer: lots of new jobs, and investments in the nation's future productivity.

But if there aren't enough skilled professionals to do the jobs involving new technologies, the stimulus will just increase the wages of the professionals who already have the right skills rather than generate many new jobs in these fields. And if construction jobs go mainly to white males who already dominate the construction trades, many people who need jobs the most -- women, minorities, and the poor and long-term unemployed -- will be shut out.

What to do? There's no easy solution to either dilemma. But there's no reason to think about "green jobs" as simply high-tech. Many low-income and low-skilled workers -- women as well as men -- could be put directly to work providing homes and businesses with more efficient and renewable heating, lighting, cooling, and refrigeration systems; installing solar panels and efficient photovoltaic systems; rehabilitating and renovating old properties, and improving recycling systems. "Green Jobs Corps" teams could be trained to evaluate and advise homeowners and businesses on these and other means of conserving energy.

People can be trained relatively quickly for these sorts of jobs, as well as many infrastructure j0bs generated by the stimulus -- installing new pipes for water and sewage systems, repairing and upgrading equipment, basic construction -- but contractors have to be nudged both to provide the training and to do the hiring.

I'd suggest that all contracts entered into with stimulus funds require contractors to provide at least 20 percent of jobs to the long-term unemployed and to people withincomes at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. And at least 2 percent of project funds should be allocated to such training. In addition, advantage should be taken of buildings trades apprenticeships -- wich must be fully available to women and minorities.
This quote is taken from the man's blog.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts