Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Do you put on a clear or white base coat before the polish? I think it helps with glitter polish removal. Also helps prevent staining/yellowing from deep colors as well.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Laura, I don't. I'll do that with the dark colors from now on. NO MORE SPARKLES!!! I loved the purple stuff I had on, but I can't get it off. lol

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I get angry at sparkle nail polish yet I still use it. Every single time I have to scrub it off my toes I curse it, but then I use it again!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Try the sparkly again with a good base coat. The glitter will be on the base coat instaed of directly on the nail and won't be as tough to remove. Also, if you use more than one coat of polish, apply the first coat without shaking the bottle first.

This won't work with all sparkly polish, but I have had some where the glitter all settles to the bottom - that's the one I'm talking about.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Laura.

The purple stuff I used had sparkles all throughout the polish, which is why I bought it. I loved it on my toenails, but didn't appreciate having to pick it off today. lol

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Use an emery board to rub it off, Laura. I learned the hard way to always use a base coat under sparkly polish. :( I did find that the emery board worked pretty well to get it off and didn't take the nail with it. Make sure it's the cardboard kind, the metal diamond dust ones are a bit too rough.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have any of those, Jackie. I basically picked it off with my fingernail. :(

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had already did that with teal polish. I wanted to switch to royal blue to match my outfit for tomorrow's show. ;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Laura

You can buy straight Acetone at most stores, this is what salon's use to remove acrylic nails, so it might work on the sparkly nail polish. I use it all the time and works great.
Just a thought!

Ginny

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
glitter nail polish = death. Even my nail lady HATES glitter polish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts