Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Harley out in the yard tonight figuring to get a little fetch in before it got dark. Unfortunately, it was also raining just enough to where you could see it, but it wasn't enough to try not to get wet. Now Harley has just gotten to where if I throw as hard as I can, he can still see the ball and return it, though he is a bit stubborn about giving it back for the next throw...

So I threw the ball and he butt-tucked across the yard to get it. He came back, and when he stopped trying to play keep away from me, I threw it again. :) He went and got the ball, full steam ahead and returned with it. We did this five or six times, and then I got the ball and heaved it out over the yard. Again, Harley took off full speed across the yard but when he came back, he high balled it right past me, ran straight to the porch, where he promptly sat down on his butt right by the door (just like in the signature pic), with the ball in his mouth and stared at me as if to say 'Time to go in now!'

So we went in... :D

Kevin

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Buddy will do that at the park when he's hot and tired and wants to go home. Champ will chase the Kong ball forever, but look around for the Bud Man and he's parked next to the gate, looking at you like "I'm ready to go, so can we get out of here already?"

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
When Bauer is done, he goes 1/2 way to the ball, turns around and heads for the door. Harley gets extra points for picking his toys up.

When Bauer was little, he liked to play keep away too. We always played fetch with 2 balls. Threw one, and when he came back threw the other. He would immediately drop the first one when he saw that I was going to throw the other one. Made it much easier than playing keep away.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
great story. at least your pup brings the ball back. Gracie plays fetch so good inside, but won't play outside...to many distractions I guess>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts