Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 7 pm last night I was working in the garage. Both dawgs were out in the run behind the house but acting "nutsier" than usual. Carol came running to the garage to announce that there was a wild turkey just outside the dawg run and that Cappy and Remi were going beserk barking at it. She ran back in to get the camera and got just one shot before the "turkey" flew up into the oak tree nearby. I told her I'd come look as soon as I cleaned up.

By the time I got outside the dawgs were quiet but Carol wasn't! She was a little ticked that I didn't come see the "turkey" before it flew off. She said she did get a pic of it up in the oak tree also and I could just go look at the pictures. Hummmph!

She was even more upset with me when I told her what a shum dit she was because that is NOT a turkey! ;D

(Do you know?)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Guinea fowl

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hmmmmm ....... Guinea fowl. that sounds like a good answer ! We have lots of wild turkey around here so I knew it wasn't a turkey..... the only thing I could think of was a peacock !! LOL !!!!

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No question, it's a Guinea fowl, lucky it's just 1, if it was a whole herd of them you couldn't hear nothing over the noise. ;D BTW, they taste good if you roast them slow, all dark meat. ;D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Braised with Truffles. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Sure looks like a Guinea Fowl to me.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Grandma used to keep one or two with her chickens and a friend of mines mom does the same, if anything bothers the chickens, you know it, them things is good varmint alarms. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts