Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTHING.... one of my sisters didn't even send a card, gift or go to our DS graduation:mad:

She is on my sh*t list

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Well that sucks. If she has kids graduating in the future, remember this.

I know, 2 wrongs don't make it right, but that's me. Or even better, send her a thank you card. I can be such a PITA sometimes! :)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that sucks. If she has kids graduating in the future, remember this.

I know, 2 wrongs don't make it right, but that's me. Or even better, send her a thank you card. I can be such a PITA sometimes! :)
I did go to her twin son's graduation a few yrs back, card & gift in hand. They do not have any kids in school now.

LOL I love the thank you card idea:D:D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I take it you're not close with this sister? I would say something to her like, "Oh by the way, did you send something because she hasn't gotten it yet".

How far does she live?

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take it you're not close with this sister? I would say something to her like, "Oh by the way, did you send something because she hasn't gotten it yet".

How far does she live?
Not real close but still she lives 20 minutes away!! But the way she drives it could take 60 minutes:D:D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I don't recall any of my aunts or uncles giving me a graduation gift, nor do i recall ever feeling entitled to one. If you gave a gift in order to get one in return, then you probably shouldn't have given one.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Are you having a party at a later date? Maybe she was planning on bringing a gift then? Could she just have forgotten and it's an oversight?

Not trying to make excuses, just there may be an explanation... and on the other hand, maybe not. I'm no help.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't recall any of my aunts or uncles giving me a graduation gift, nor do i recall ever feeling entitled to one. If you gave a gift in order to get one in return, then you probably shouldn't have given one.
I don't give gifts to get gifts. I gave them gifts because I believe they worked hard and deserved them.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Graduation is an entirely different thing in the US compared to Canada.

In the US, gifts are given, parties are had.

In Canada- small tokens are given and no parties to be had. :(

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you having a party at a later date? Maybe she was planning on bringing a gift then? Could she just have forgotten and it's an oversight?

Not trying to make excuses, just there may be an explanation... and on the other hand, maybe not. I'm no help.
I understand what you are saying:p All events were the same day.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
It's not about the gift. It's about going out of your way to remember a big moment for her kid and her blowing off yours.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I think I would just say, "Hey, we missed you at DS's graduation . . . " If you are planning an openhouse for your daughter, maybe she is planning to bring a card/gift then. I don't think I would specifically ask about a card/gift, that seems in worse taste than the other person not sending a card/gift in the first place.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I wouldn't care about the gift. I would be mad that she didn't come to the party.

When I graduated from college my Aunt came from California, my Uncle, Aunt and cousin cam from georgia and all of my family came from Michigan. I lived in Florida and graduated from UCF there. Graduation is a big deal. My Aunt and Uncle came from Tampa also. We had a lot of out of towner for my graduation. It was great!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Graduation is an entirely different thing in the US compared to Canada.

In the US, gifts are given, parties are had.

In Canada- small tokens are given and no parties to be had. :(
Ahh.. that makes sense.. like prom.. prom? yeah, we don't have prom.. we get drunk in the bush.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
DD is Graduating from college next week- We're/she are not even sending out announcements- we'll have only a small dinner with Grandparents and our son! We did get her a new laptop as a gift- I think its more of a celebration for us and her, not necessarily the whole family! JMO Di

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
graduation from what? was she invited to anything celebrating this event?

if we gave all our neices and newphews graduation gifts we'd be bankrupt

if she wasn't invited I don't see why she should give gift ... sorry to be so contrary ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts