Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Dustie.

She's a Yellow Lab mix and she's waiting to have knee surgery so she can run and play with two very heartbroken little boys who just want their dog to feel better.

For newer members who don't know me, I have been a JL member since the old EZ board from 2002. OSLF (and the increase in my pack and a, suddenly, very hectic life) is one of the reasons I no longer have much time to post, though I do check in as often as I can.

Our latest fundraiser http://www.oslf.org/rtcevent.htm is because, as word about OSLF has spread, the number of applications has increased.
Unfortunately sponsors and donors do not increase at the same rate and funds are no sooner raised than they run low, which is why we are doing a fundraiser during what we knew would be an odd time, with taxes being on everybody's minds right now.

If you haven't heard of OSLF before please visit our site at http://www.oslf.org and see what we've been up to for the last two years.
We have helped 40 dogs and given out over $32,000 in funding assistance. And we currently have several PINs who need alot of help. So please help us make our fundraiser a big success so that we can continue to help dogs get back to being normal and being able to run and play with their families.

Help us spread the word, share the link with other lists, tell friends and families about us, tell your vets and surgeons about us. Every little bit helps and we really are giving away some amazing prizes, all very generously donated by our volunteers.
None of the money that we receive has gone to pay for these prizes. We're very proud to say that almost 100% of our donations goes directly to paying for our PIN's treatments.
So take a look, have some fun with us and help Dustie or one of our other dogs in need in the process.

Paola

·
Registered
836 Posts
For the newer members, I also just want to say that OSLO is a very worthy charity. Paola and Brenda know first hand the trials and tribulations that labs and dogs in general can put their owners through. They have had numerous surgeries on their own dogs. With experience comes knowledge, and a need to help others that may not be able to provide for a companion that needs help.

OSLO helped to fund the surgery for Buddy last year for us. He is the blind Golden Retriever that while trying to play with his best friend Kitty, fell out a second story window shattering his front leg. The surgery, almost $3000, not only saved Buddy's leg, but kept him from having a second disability that surely would have kept him from ever being adopted.

Most of the vets wanted to put Buddy down when they saw his injury, but OSLO had faith and because of that he is in a wonderful forever home with a family that thinks he is just perfect. I recommend OSLO so much, that in my Christmas newsletter every year I list them alongside with my own group as possible places to send donations. I don't get to say it enough, but thank you Paola for all the hard work you do from all the way over in Italy, to help the dogs in need here in the USA. (Although Paola lives in Milano, OSLF is based out of Oklahoma, where Brenda lives) Buddy sends his love and kisses!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Joe!
So nice to hear from you and I am so glad to hear Buddy has found a nice family. I hope you and your pack are all doing well.

Btw - just as a general FYI. OSLF is incorporated in OK, but we do provide funding also for non US residents, as long as they provide similar paperwork as we request for US residents. We have provided funding for a Canadian rescue.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for bumping it up. Any help in spreading the word is much appreciated.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Back up to the top.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two more weeks left to go.
The first winner of one of the two prizes was announced.
Prize Package #2 (Get Way Out And Enjoy Nature!!) - drawing will be held on May 1 - includes:

Outward Hound Day Hike Fanny Pack with 2 Water Bottles and Portable Bowl
Sporting Dog II First Aid Kit
26' Flexi Lead
Alpine Two Person Picnic Backpack
Outdoorsman Picnic Blanket & Carrier
NozToNoz Poop Disposal Bags with On Leash Dispenser

This prize package is valued at $175 . Any entry received between April 16 and 30 will be eligible to win.

Prizes were donated by volunteers, no OSLF funds were used.
Please help us spread the word and make this fundraiser a success.So far we have raised $967. We have a number of pending cases and a few more applications pending approval.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts