Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends of mine have a 9 y/o Golden female they adopted when she was about 2 years old. The cool thing is that she is a service dog and goes with her mom to work everyday. Mom is a PT who works with children having problems like Autism, Cerebal Palsy and things like that. They were telling me the other day that her presence helps people who do not know how to act around these kids build a bond because now the focus is on the dog...

I think it's really cool that our furkids help us build relationships that would probably never exist without them! They really are special, aren't they?

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
That is very cool. Are you sure she's a service dog? Sounds more like a therapy dog. Either way, it's a great thing she is doing.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
buddysmom said:
That is very cool. Are you sure she's a service dog? Sounds more like a therapy dog. Either way, it's a great thing she is doing.
Sorry...yes therapy dog. For some reason I always seem to get the two mixed up. Not sure why because on a rudimentary level I know better..:(

I had the pleasure of house sitting for the family a couple of years ago when they went out of town. I had always wanted a Lab, and still did even at that point, but that experience I think was the turning point in helping me decide to go ahead and get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts