Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DDs Cockapoo, Louie, is going to the vet today, but I thought I would ask.

Poop yesterday seemed to have a lot of mucous like stuff around it. Last night it became really loose pudding. Later he tried to poop multiple times but dropped about a teaspoon of clear, colorless, gel like stuff. Around 2:00 am he woke her up and went out for an explosive discharge.

Any thoughts on what is going on? I never saw a dog let loose with this clear stuff.

Other than cutting off food and making sure he has plenty of water, what other home remedies are applicable?

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
The mucous usually means a very upset lower intestine. My Shepherd had that issue until I found the right food for her. Has the dog had a diet change or eaten a lot of something new?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we went through the food possibility pretty thoroughly. Same food since he was 6 months old. Same treats (biscuits and baby carrots) in similar quantity for months. I am thinking the possibility of worms is pretty high. He did have Carcadia and Giardia about 6-7 months ago. Don't remember the clear goop at that time, but I am old and forgetful.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Louie managed to get his bacteria all mixed up. Vet gave DD a couple days worth of meds and told her he would be fine.

Forgot, no parasites!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts