Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is wrong with her she seems so down. She is eating well, drinks lots of water, enjoying her walks and play time. But when we are watching TV and we are all (my husband, Nik and I) sitting on the couch she just stares into space and looks so sad. She seems a little depressed. My husband thinks I am overreacting but I see sadness in her eyes. Has anyone else gone through this before ? Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Sometimes I feel that way. Usually a quick obedience session will put a smile right back on Angus' face :) Is she getting enough exercise?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think she is. She gets 45 minutes in the morning (on leash) and then one hour (of leash) at the dog park in the afternoon, she plays with her friends and retrieves. And then we play after dinner for about 20-30 minutes. She is usually pretty tired at night but her look lately is not a tired look it is a sad look. Maybe I am just paranoid.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
It sounds like she is getting enough exercise to me! :D Maybe she is just really tired! I know Angus would be pooped if he got that much exercise...maybe you are mistaking sad for tired?

If she is eating well, up to the challenge of exercise, and all body functions seem normal, I don't think I'd worry too awful much.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Maybe she is just reminiscing about all of the fun she had during the day and wishing she was back at the dog park. She is probably bored with whats on TV and who can blame her for that now days. ;D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WeHeartLabs said:
She wants a little brother ;)
;D I would LOVE to get a little brother for her. I nag my husband about it constantly - he is NOT budging. GGRR !! Maybe I should just show up with a choco pup one day and surprise him !!! ;) ;)

Thanks guys - I think I may be overreacting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts