Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually when we first go out in the morning, each dog goes right to their favorite place in the yard to do #1 and #2 while I wait, then right back into the house for breakfast. This morning, all four just flew out the door and excitedly sniffed sniffed sniffed every inch of the yard. I had a hard time calming them down to do their duty. Makes me wonder what the sniffing frenzy was all about, who was in our yard.
Don't you sometimes wish you could smell what they smell? What an amazing analytical instrument that canine nose is.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Oh so true!! It's that way here too, Rush is a detail sniffer where Boo is an overall sniffer. Rush will get her nose right in the smell, oh to smell what they smell. The ability to differentiate different smells coming out of one place. Amazing!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Um, no, I do not wish I could smell what they smell.....poop, dead birds, dead worms, LOL! But yes, I wish I did know what was going on in our yard while we slept! I think if we could smell what they smell, we would probably be able to detect bad people, haha, so that would be a good ability to have.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
LOL, thier noses are amazing, but not sure i would want to smell things in such detail. Harvey is always manic for sniffing the garden in the morning, we get a lot of cats in the garden overnight.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Ya, they are amazing! Usually the deep sniffs lead to some raisinette (deer poo) or Coco puff (bunny poo) tasting.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I wish Misha and Homer would do that at night with our "unwanted" pet i.e. mouse! It´s amazing that I´m the one that hears the mouse scratching something or making noise, I wake up and try to scare it and these two are useless, they just snort while I go and "sniff" out where the mouse is

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I love to watch Bauer in the morning. He goes out on the front porch, stands at the stairs, sniffs to the left, sniffs to the middle, and then sniffs to the right. He holds his head way up as he does this. I think he is checking to make sure nothing is "off" before he ventures out into the yard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.