Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to check out another new vet today and this one looks like he might be a keeper. The real story isn't the vet though, it's what we saw when we walked in the door. Sitting in a crate by the counter were 11 (count 'em, 11!) eight week old Golden Retriever puppies! They were adorable. The squirts were with me and they had a field day while I talked with the receptionist about the issues I had, and I made an appointment for next Thursday to have the vet give Harley the once over and to have a few minutes to chat with him to see if I like him or not. I hope so; this looking is getting old quick.

But the puppies were a nice break to an otherwise lukewarm day. They were even cute when one of them made a wet mess, stepped in it, then proceeded to walk all over the rest of them... :rolleyes:

Kevin

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Good luck with finding a vet. You will know when you find the right one...you will feel it. Sometimes it takes some digging before you find the right one.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I hope this new vet works out for you.

I've been lucky when it comes to vets. The clinic we use my family has been using for nearly 20 years. The "head" vet there is wonderful, but waaaay back when she was not an owner. Now she owns it and has two other awesome vets working for her. We see one of the two (Dr. Megan), unless its an emergency visit. They are great. The E-vet in town is great here too.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Ugh. I know how much it sucks to find a good vet. I bounced around a couple of times when Abbey was a pup.. 3rd one was the charm! Then we moved and had to start all over again.. tried 2 and now I work at another one and get a good discount.. so 3rd time again!!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I've been fortunate both when living in Memphis and now here in Kansas to have found good vets. I checked around with others who have dogs, and obviously care for them. Like with people doctors, it might take a time or two before you get the right one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts