Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
852 Posts
Arthritis so sever to keep her from getting up would not come on this quick. It would be gradual. The hunch in her back is a concern. She could have a slipped disc or she could have internal pain such as a blockage.

X-rays can definitively diagnose arthritis as mentioned by others.

You may also want to consider a canine chiropractor.

At her age I would also have full bloodwork and urinalysis done right away.

If it turns out to be arthritis (and she may have some at her age that is not related to her not getting up) here is some info on natural supplements you can try.

http://www.heartypet.com/blog/?p=25

· Registered
852 Posts
Yeah it scares the hell out you alright. Sounds like you were very lucky too. What was the problem?

The thing with my girl was because she was only a little Pug, it made the venom more toxic than if it had been a big dog like a Lab. I had to rush her to the vet twice in her life. Both times she was minutes away from dying.

There's a pic of her here. She's the black Pug on the right.

http://forum.justlabradors.com/album.php?albumid=26

I wish the OP would get back here & let us know what's happening. :(
He is adorable. I love Pugs. Had a stray at my house for a day and let me tell you he was the boss of my Lab. Too cute this little guy. His name was Frankie.

My girl started vomiting at midnight and went off her food. Temp went to 104.8 so we went in for an ultra sound where they drew fluid and blood from her abdomin and rushed us off to the ER. Exploratory surgery found a ruptured gallbladder. She had septisemia, peritonitis, low albumin and developed edema. She spent 8 days in the ER and almost didn't make it. First call from vet was "she most likely won't survive and your bill is already $4,000. do you want to continue?" (of course I said yes thru my tears) and the call the next day was "she is dancing on the edge".

She needed albumin transfusion but that can cause pancreatitis which would have killed her. The low albumin brings on the edema. Thankfully a diuretic counteracted the edema. My vet calls her the "miracle dog". GB rupture is rare in dogs and survival is only 50%.

It was one of the most awful times in my life waiting and worrying at home with her 5 month old daughter who I feared may never see her mother again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.