Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding a reputable breeder in Western Michigan. I am looking for a black lab. Would like to get him early this summer to train and get used to the boat.

Any recommendations or warnings?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,676 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Colin, I'm not going to force a rescue down someone's throat if they want to go with a breeder. But I do have a 3 month old black female puppy in rescue right now too. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. I have been looking at the local shelters, but the wife needs a dog with a good temperament and I feel I will have a better chance by knowing the breeder and line.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
You'd be better off going through rescue if you are looking to adopt and know temperaments. Otherwise, the breeder referrals that I supplied are the best in the state.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
You'd be better off going through rescue if you are looking to adopt and know temperaments. Otherwise, the breeder referrals that I supplied are the best in the state.
Very true. A puppy from a breeder is never guaranteed to have a certain type of temperament. Pups from the same litter can be as different as night and day. Rescues have been fostered in homes and worked with and the people know what their temperaments are like. You can get a slightly older pup, often housebroken and crate-trained (like above-mentioned 3 month-old ;)) for less than a breeder would charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts