Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my migrane on Friday we had a pretty good weekend. We built a gym in our back yard right after we moved into our house we did it outselves so we made sure it would never fall down but also didn't go all extravagant. We decided at the time that gutters were not needed but after a year and a half it was obvious we were wrong. We've had a problem with water getting in one corner and erosion around the building. So our first project of the weekend was to get the gutters up. SU's parents bought the gutters and downspouts for us for Christmas we just had to find a way to get them up. Since it wasn't built for them we had to do some creative thinking.
I think it looks much more finished now and I hope it fixes our problems.
BEFORE

After

Second We need new windows in the whole house which we knew when we bought it but just didn't have the money before this years taxes. So we decided to go ahead and do the back windows this year and the rest this fall or next spring when we can afford to. We signed the contract back in February and were told they would be in around 3-4 weeks later. So they called Monday and said they could install them Tuesday :eek: Well my bosses said I could take off so they came and installed the windows yesterday. I think they look good and hopefully they will help with our heating/cooling bills and some outside noise too.
Before

After

We didn't do the baywindow thing down below because we want to put a door back there (there was one there before you can tell).

I'm so gald we're finally getting to check a few big things off our TO DO list. Now that our credit cards are all paid off I hope to be able to check a few more things off too.

I just had to share I'm so happy :)

·
0 Posts
They look great! It is a nice feeling to get some of those projects off the To Do list, huh? :D

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a very good feeling. We are thinking about starting a family so I want to get as many done now before I get pregnant so I can help with them. SU isn't much of a handyman but I am so they won't get done if I don't at least help ;)
My To Do wish list is still long but at least we've been able to start checking a few things off.

·
0 Posts
bacatherine said:
It's a very good feeling. We are thinking about starting a family so I want to get as many done now before I get pregnant so I can help with them. SU isn't much of a handyman but I am so they won't get done if I don't at least help ;)
My To Do wish list is still long but at least we've been able to start checking a few things off.
Sounds like you've got a good goal for the future! If you want some additional OJT for project management, you cna come up and give me some help at our place this summer!!! ;D

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually really enjoy building things and working in the yard but I prefer to have someone doing it with me for the company. I am a daddy's girl and spent most of my childhood outside with him doing anything he was doing. He is very good with wood he's built most of the furniture in my parents house and is working on mine now ;)

Here are a few pictures of the gym going up I had a lot of fun building it. It was for SU so he helped but didn't really enjoy the process much. I'm in the red shorts forgive the picture clarity they were emailed to me so they were compressed.

Unfortunatley my parents live an hour and a half away so dad's right right there to help me with things. They were here several weekends to help with the gym though since it was pretty much dad's design. Luckily SU's dad is really handy and a licenced Electrician and he lives 10 minutes away so he's at out house helping me a lot :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts