Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been busy making a new website - just fun - I'm no expert. I know that the photos in the litter photo albums (2007, 2006, 2004) are HUGE - I haven't had time to fix that just yet. I made the police cruiser logo and the animation myself - pretty proud of those hours (yes hours!) spent learning how to do that - I'm going to try a dog wagging it's tail next. I've got a few more photos to put on in several places but it's just about done. Criticism is very welcome - tell me what works and what doesn't! TIA

www.wigwaglabradors.com

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Oh I love that picture of Cuffy, the one that first comes up on his page.

I'll say the same thing I said on the other forum about another site. Your pictures are way to large for the average person. Not everyone has broadband and a picture that is over 500k like the beautiful one of Clint on his page is going to really clog up someone on dialup. What happens if their computer doesn't crash is they get impatient and they leave.

When I have broadband and it takes a couple of minutes to download, then they're too big. It would take a dialup person a good 10 minutes or so. You can have beautiful photographs, but they should be condensed to about 72dpi for a website.

Love the colors. That color of sage is one of my favorite colors of green. Relatively easy to navigate too. :happy:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I also love the first of Cuffy!

I would also say (as I don't have entourage set up), that don't just put a contact Mail to code, but also someplace have your e-mail written out...I can't get to your e-mail info.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Well, I love your photos! MacKenzie is growing up so fast - she is more gorgeous every time I see her! That picture of your home (the one by Jeff Pace) is just magical. It looks like an oil painting. :D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Its very nice .. I do agree on the image size though. For the web if you save the images at 72dpi you will get the size down and realize very little loss in image quality. You can always link them to full resolution images if needed.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I liked all the photos, Sharon. Were you the one that had your daughter at a pretend tea party and a yellow lab was sitting in a chair? I loved that photo and if it was yours, I would love to see it on the website.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Looks great!! I love the animation on the homepage! I can't comment on the speed as I'm currently at a coffee shop with highspeed cuz my home internet is taking a siesta :(

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Beautiful photos. Cuffy is a mess. LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
I really like your website. I had no trouble viewing the photos, but I'm at work. I didn't find them too large. I loved how they are all framed and you take such beautiful photos, I only wish you lived closer so I could hire you to take pics of Shane. Loved Cuffy's picture too, but I also really liked the black & white of the magic kingdom.

Good job.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
No criticism from me. Nice website - simple and straight to the point, easy to navigate. Beautiful pictures, too. That picture of your house is amazing - looks like something right out of a movie set.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I love your site. Found it easy to navigate (even if the pics were large) and the fact that you show your daughters (OMG they are beautiful) with them speaks volumes for your dogs. Those beautiful kids, those beautiful dogs. And I don't mind telling you my Boo has a big crush on Clint. Rush thinks he's a hottie too! :laugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wonderful website - you did a GREAT job. I love your pictures - I like the variety of pictures in 'nonstandard ( non-stacked) poses. I really like the black and white photos.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have dial up and the photos are far too big for me, I would love to see them, as you take great photos, but I do not have the patience to wait forever for them to load.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I loved the site, but found the the blink and flash when changing pages a bit disconcerting for some reason. I'm on cable so had no problems with the pics loading, but I can certainly see how people on dial up would be waiting forever.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I like it. I agree with Jackie, tough, the flashing lights are a little bit distracting.

I LOVE your photos. They are gorgeous, especially the ones of the girls with the dogs and puppies. So precious!!

BTW - have you ever heard of DeviantArt? It's a website dedicated to art. I have a lot of my photography on there. You can also sell prints of your photos on there, if you wish. :happy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts