Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to mention the other day that my new vet said that now that Nellie has had cancer there will be several vaccines she should not get because they stimulate the immune system too much. One is for Lepto and bad mother that I am I can't remember the other. Dr. Foster also agrees with me that the Lymes vaccine is basically worthless.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Wow ! that's interesting..... thanks for sharing.

Melissa

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump for Veronica

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yep, that is what I was told by my 'home' vet, my alternative consulting vet, and by the vet at the U of M after Auggie was diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma back in Oct.'06. They also took into account her age at the time (10yrs.9mos.) and that she had had her complete puppy series and at least 1 set of boosters when she was young.

It says on the insert that comes with every vaccine "For Healthy Dogs ONLY".

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Going back almost 8 years ago I took Huckle to U of Penn for evaluation of skin allergies. At that time I was told that Penn vaccine protocol was every 3 years for healthy dogs. At the time I had only heard of yearly vaccines. They said given Huckle's age(10) and his allergies they would recommend that he never get another vaccine except rabies which was required by law. That is the advice that I followed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts