Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was so cute! Last night after they had both eaten, our 4 year old lab actually started butt tucking!!! I haven't seen her do that for a long, long time. The puppy was sticking his rear up in the play stance and yipping at her over and over. Then he would bounce around the room and do it again. Kayla got into the same position and for about 5 minutes she PLAYED!! She rolled the ball to the puppy and watched him push it around. Then she would take the ball and butt tuck then do it all over again! Of course everyone was in bed so I'm the only one who got to enjoy it. VERY CUTE AND ENCOURAGING!!!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I think you'll find they become fast friends. My Rush was a little ticked when we brought a little black ball of fur home. She had her nose out of joint for a few days. Then the play began and it hasn't stopped since. It's such a joy to watch them play and I love to watch bitey face. Congrats on your new baby.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I'm kind of worried about the bitey face thing!! If they do that when they are older, how will I know if they are playing? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Mrs

Ok, I'm kind of worried about the bitey face thing!! If they do that when they are older, how will I know if they are playing? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Oh, as long as neither one is yelping in pain, they're playing! ;) Although, when the pup still has those needle teeth, it may hurt your older dog a couple of times. The older one will reprimand the pup and teach it not to do that.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I wish I had photos of the day I brought my 8 week Pug home to Jo. As soon as I put him down on the floor, he ran straight to Jo & crawled inside his mouth. I was as scared as hell that if Jo closed his mouth, he could bite him in half. I knew he'd never bite him intentionally because he already had a Chihuahua to play with. Jo spent about the next 10 minutes with him between his front paws licking him as if he was his mother.

From that day on, they were inseparable. I've never seen 2 dogs that were such close friends as them. It sounds like your 2 will be the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.