Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought the camera to the dog park a few weeks ago, it was a nice warm day with the snow melting. Luckily the dog park was not a mud hole yet as the ground was still frozen. We did a lot of off-trail walking.

Hunter, Duke and Sammy. Best pic I could get all 3 of them partially sitting at once

Hunter and Sammy having fun

Off to the races

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Different part of the park, better sit-stay, and did not notice that poor Sammy had to sit in the snowbank

One of our friends Nikka showed up to join in the fun

Sammy wants to play

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was getting a little cold out the other day, so Hunter decided to put his fur cap on

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Great pictures, your dog park looks awesome!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Neat pics! I envy you people with multiple Labs. :)

I can't believe you guys are still having snow. That is insane! :eek:

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Great pics! Looks like they had a blast (except Hunter in the cap, maybe not so much).

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Rob,

You posted the pics just to pull my chain, didn't you? Assume the snow is gone, has it dried up enough that boots aren't needed to stay above the mud? Any of the dogs going in the river, or is water stilltoo cold? Might have to come up this weekend.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Not to steal Rob's thread, but that is a 42 acre 'Off-leash Dog Exercise Area'. At least that is what our Three Rivers Park System chooses to call what the rest of us know as a dog park. Open field areas, prairie grasses, forest areas, and the Crow River for the dogs to retrieve and swim in. This one even has a facilities for the peeps to relieve themselves. This one is the largest of 5 in the area.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, just a huge park! The dogs love it, lots of other dogs to play and run with.

Garth, some years we have snow at the end of April, gets kind of annoying at times!

Sammy is my neighbors Lab, not mine. She is a really good girl but a little overweight, ok a lot overweight. Her parents never take her for a walk, so I usually adopt her on the weekends.

Ed, the park is in pretty good shape, it is a little muddy in places, easy enough to get around if there is any mud, of course the dogs do not care they just run through it anyway. The Crow River crested last week and flooded half the dog park but it was still walkable as the outside trails had no water on it at all. The river is still to high and the current is still to strong to really swim and I am sure way to cold. However Duke jumped in the water last week and ended up with Cold Tail, poor guy cried out in pain every time he wagged his tail.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Sammy is my neighbors Lab, not mine.
OK, I was wondering the same thing!

Nice pics. Your boys look great! :)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
What a great park - it is so big. At our dog parks it would be hard not to see a fence and tons of other dogs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts