Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Moka had her surgery yesterday and it went very well. She had the rod and pins removed without any problems. She has stitches from a small incision they made to remove the rod and 2 holes on the side of her leg where the pins stuck out. They had told us on the phone that she would have a small bandage on for a week. When we picker her up this is what she had on her leg:

It's like a full leg cast!! That is no small bandage!! She can't bend her leg at all and it's very awkward for her to move around and get comfortable...poor thing. I didn't think it was possible for her to look any more pathetic than she did before, but she does!! Look at her poor face in the first pic...she is not happy about this thing on her leg!! She was grouchy last night, and has been very vocal, complaining alot. But who can blame her?
At least it's only on for a week. The stitches come out in 10-12 days. The end is in sight. She is still on strict crate confinement for another 3 weeks, then we can slowly start letting her do more and get back to a more normal life.
I am counting the days.....

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Aww, poor little girl. I think she deserves a new chew toy.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Yes, that is a pathetic face! You almost want to give her anything her little furry heart desires.

I am glad to hear she is mending quickly & the end is in sight.

Give Miss Moka hugs from Lexi & I.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that is a pathetic face! You almost want to give her anything her little furry heart desires.

I am glad to hear she is mending quickly & the end is in sight.

Give Miss Moka hugs from Lexi & I.
At this point, I will give her anything to make her happy...my poor, poor baby.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I am here thinking that poor Moka would get anything she wanted from me. She would be learning that EILIF (Everything In Life Is Free). Wow! What a set back in the training progress, if she was mine. Poor baby.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Oh Gina. Such a sad face on baby Moka. I have been reading the older posts, trying to catch up. She has really been through the wringer. It is so hard to keep them quiet so they can heal when they are such active puppies. That new cast looks like it is bothering her more than the original contraption she had when they did the original surgery. Poor baby.

You said she has this for a week and then another month or so of rest. Did they say how long it would be before she could resume her normal activity? You all are taking really good care of her. I know it is sad when they are hurt or injured. Hang in there and give her extra tummy rubs and snuggles. I am with Ed - she could have anything she wanted.... ;)

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Hugs for Moka...she looks good for what she has been through. Prayer still coming your way everyday. Get well soon Moka girl.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Goodness look at that face! Poor baby.
That is quite the small bandage on her leg but, :rolleyes: but like you said, at least it's only a week!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I can see why only a week for the cast....she's growing like a weed. Don't be surprised if they replace the cast just for safety's sake. 3-4 weeks is not very long for that fracture to heal.

Such a sweetie...give her hugs and kisses for us.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Aww, how sweet. she is cute, leg cast inall. That is a huge bandage. I hope she heals quickly and is able to run and play soon!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
What a face! Poor baby!

I know it's hard, but you're doing all the right things and it's definitely steps in the right direction. Keep healing, Moka!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh that's pitiful. :(

The time is near!! You can do it!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts