Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usally feed the dogs 1 cup each of high protein, low carb dog food a night. If they each eat 2 baby rabbits on their "walk" this evening, how long should I give them the cold shoulder?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
No kisses tonight!
I will echo-- EWWWWWW!

(you know your post sounded like one of those math problems...if a train leaves the station at 4 pm traveling west, etc. etc.)

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hee, Hee - that's what I wanted it to sound like - I especially liked the fact that the question in the end had no connection to the question at the start. Oh - and you all can make that answer an estimate if you want too!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Aww RIP bunnies.

CJ has gone after little critters before, but has always obeyed 'drop it' (so far) thank goodness.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I usally feed the dogs 1 cup each of high protein, low carb dog food a night. If they each eat 2 baby rabbits on their "walk" this evening, how long should I give them the cold shoulder?
It's a trick question, isn't it? Don't you need the wind speed and direction to figure it out?

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I figured it was a good start to feeding the "prey diet". They were well into the bunnies by the time I got over to them - they were snuffing around in a brushy area that they always check out - but then I heard that tell-tale high-pitched sound of...... Oh, by the way - just a little wind, cool air, no rain.....

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I just started my yearly ritual of fishing the dead baby bunnies out of my pool. I could send them to you if it would help out. No charge, but dry ice might be a good idea.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I figured it was a good start to feeding the "prey diet". They were well into the bunnies by the time I got over to them - they were snuffing around in a brushy area that they always check out - but then I heard that tell-tale high-pitched sound of...... Oh, by the way - just a little wind, cool air, no rain.....
I used to feed whole rabbits when I fed the whole prey diet. I'd say since they were babies that's probably not going to add that much in terms of calories/protein. I'd just view it as a treat.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I'm sorry I should be grossed out, but I'm LMAO- I really am whacked! "view them as a treat":D:D Hop free little bunnies;)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Yuck. I'm glad there are no bunnies at our new house. Teddy would kill them, Ivy would then eviscerate. Baby bunnies would have been an even bigger thrill!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Don't give them any regular food, though I think I'm a bit late to this thread. Kibble digests at a different rate then raw, and while I'm sorry for the baby bunnies, they were raw...

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Letsee... fur is relatively high in carbs but the bone marrow and meat would represent good protein and fiber.... So the caloric offset would be equivalent to maybe a scoop of kibble each, minus the cals expended in catching the li'l critters......

<<pulls out #2 pencil and begins scribbling>>

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So they got the cold shoulder for about 5 min. I gave them each a mildbone dog biscuit, but then wasn't going to feed them anymore because I really thought they would be full - silly me - it's not about being full - it's about the "routine", and Emilu was still waiting for that bowl of food at 9:30 last night, so I gave them each "supper" of about 1/2 cup food, which made them happy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts