Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Macbook Pro and am pulling my hair out.

2 problems. 1) It won't hold any of my passwords to web sites. Every morning I have to reset my password to get on Facebook. My desktop is fine.
2) I can't send e-mail. I have Verizon FIOS with their router. Verizon's tech support screwed up my e-mail on both computers. I was able to fix the desktop (IMac) and I can receive e-mail on laptop. Verizon has basically washed their hands of the problem.

I'm about ready to call Apple Care. What a pain.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I just got a new macbook pro as well, but am not having any of those problems. I wonder if you have a setting turned off. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about this operating system to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Obviously you have internet so the wireless part of your router is configured properly. can you receive email?? I assume you have copied all of your pop and smtp server settings that is on your desktop to your laptop? If you can receive email and just not send double check your smtp server settings, make sure you have the ssl and port info configured properly

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm interested in hearing what your solution is, because we can't get Mail to add any accounts on DH's new MacBook Pro. The password thing is a setting issue, but I can't remember what it was. I had that problem on my MacBook Pro that I purchased last year, and one change fixed it, but I'll be dammed if I can't remember what it was.

I can check my email online, but if I can't figure out what the problem is soon, I'm calling Apple Care.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was gonna post a smart ass response of "Get a Mac", until I saw you already had one. :cool:

If you're using Safari, go to Preferences, then the Autofill tab and check the "User Names and Passwords" option. THat should fix problem #1.

For Problem #2: Are you using Apple's Mail app? If so, bring your MacBook Pro to your iMac and go through the preferences on both machines to make sure your outgoing and incoming servers are the same and the settings are the same.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was gonna post a smart ass response of "Get a Mac", until I saw you already had one. :cool:

If you're using Safari, go to Preferences, then the Autofill tab and check the "User Names and Passwords" option. THat should fix problem #1.

For Problem #2: Are you using Apple's Mail app? If so, bring your MacBook Pro to your iMac and go through the preferences on both machines to make sure your outgoing and incoming servers are the same and the settings are the same.
Thanks Eric. I fixed #1. #2 is set exactly the same. Will call Apple tomorrow.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That was the fix (for number one)!!

I'm still stuck on number 2 (stop laughing you purile little monkeys) so I'll be calling Apple tomorrow too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.