Just Labradors banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Well, regardless of circumstances, he is a handsome fellow and he has a really nice coat! There are alot of really knowlegdeable folks here and we've been thru pretty much every situation you can go thru with a Lab. It's really nice to come here when something comes up and know you can get good, experienced based advice! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What a cutie!

Maybe I should have said handsome. But at six weeks all lab puppies are totally cute! Welcome to the forum. Our lab puppies are just over 6 months now and I can confirm there is a ton of good and sage advice from lab lovers around the world. I have learned so much in the past 4 months. Congratulations on your sweet puppy - love him, train him and he will become your forever pal in no time. We just won't tell your wife that he is going to be your jeep dog - too funny. My husband has a big truck and both of our girls absolutely love to go on rides. Welcome and post pictures as he grows.:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I can understand the view of silver labs.Pure-breeds dont want to delute the genes.At the time we got him we had no idea the silver lab was that much debated.Regardless we got a great puppy who is very smart and learns extremely fast.Does not chew on furniture at all.He has his own basket of toys that he uses,leaves the other baskets of magazines alone.
I searched this forum before I registered and posted. Just wanted to know what the thoughts were on silver labs on here.
Kanati is four months now and he is very much part of our family.Below is a pic of when he was 3 months of age.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Welcome to the board. He is certainly a cute dog. I am sure you will have all kinds of fun with him. This is probably the best place for you to get help when things happen. Vet excluded from that comment.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I don't see any room at all for abuse of chastisement. He has a puppy....a Lab puppy and he's proud of it and rightfully so. I think everyone on this board is mature enough to see what this situation is. A new Lab owner with his new puppy. I would be very disappointed if someone made any kind of disparaging remarks to to this poster.
True dat!!

He is gorgeous, and I love his name!! He looks older than 6 weeks in the first pic though.

Stick around and ask any questions you may have! :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
He's gorgeous! He doesn't look very silver. It's only the "Weimer" eyes in your 1st pic that gives it away. To the novice on the street who knows little or nothing about the breed, I doubt they'd notice. If you get sick of him, PM me & I'll give you my address so you can send him to me. :D

Interesting name. What does it mean? :confused:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Enjoy your puppy, he's cute and I am sure he'll bring your family a lifetime of love.

Since you said you started doing research, you probably read some of the reason for the debate. If you are interested, I can share info with you. But in any case, just enjoy the pup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
True dat!!

He is gorgeous, and I love his name!! He looks older than 6 weeks in the first pic though.

Stick around and ask any questions you may have! :)
...The wife and I had an agreement.She gets to pick out the lab and I get too choose his name.
...Kanati it's an old Indian Cherokee name meaning Hunter.
... Canyon Labradors feel free to pm me any info you may have concerning the silver labs.Ive read so much stuff online,alot of it positive and some not so.I can totally understand the debate and why they won't allow any other color to be registered.It makes perfectly sense to me.
Below is another angle of him on the day we brought him home.Same day as the first pic,just inside the house this time.Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.