Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the controvesry(spl) on these colors.We don't plan on breeding nor showing him.The wife wanted a lab and now we have a lab:D. I was able to see his parents on site.He is 4 months old now and a great puppy.We get asked all the time when we walk him or take him to the vet, is he a weimer.Below is a pic of when we first got him at 6 weeks of age.

·
Registered
618 Posts
He looks like a beautiful light chocolate to me. Love the frog legs.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I guess I just don't get why you got a silver and supported the producers of these dogs when you know they aren't correct. If you just wanted a Lab for a pet, why not get one of the proper color?

Congratulations on your new family member though. Many years of health and happiness.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had to register him as a chocolate lab thru AKC.Im suprised on how really smart he is.He picks up simple command on a few tries only.He is definetly my jeep dog lol lol.The wife does not know that yet:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I just don't get why you got a silver and supported the producers of these dogs when you know they aren't correct. If you just wanted a Lab for a pet, why not get one of the proper color?

Congratulations on your new family member though. Many years of health and happiness.
I did not get him.The wife wanted that color so we got him.She said he was the cutest of the bunch....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We named him Kanati...When we first got him we did not know of the controversy with silver labs..Not until a few weeks later when we did a search online..

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Congrats on the pup and welcome. :)

Please be aware that you will likely take some abuse here - silvers are a real hot-button topic around here and getting a pup at 6 weeks is also generally frowned upon. (I'm actually surprised that people have been so restrained so far.)
But please stick around to learn and share and be part of the community.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Congrats on the pup and welcome. :)

Please be aware that you will likely take some abuse here - silvers are a real hot-button topic around here and getting a pup at 6 weeks is also generally frowned upon. (I'm actually surprised that people have been so restrained so far.)
But please stick around to learn and share and be part of the community.
I don't think he's going to get any abuse here, or at least I hope not. He didn't come on acting like a know-it-all or with an arrogant attitude. He even said when he got the dog he didn't understand the controversy. I think he (or his wife) saw photos of the silver labs, thought they were cute (which they certainly are!) and got one...totally innocent of any controversy.

And if the breeder said taking the pup at 6 weeks was okay....and if the OP wasn't familiar with guidelines for buying puppies, that could too be completely innocent.

I don't see any room at all for abuse of chastisement. He has a puppy....a Lab puppy and he's proud of it and rightfully so. I think everyone on this board is mature enough to see what this situation is. A new Lab owner with his new puppy. I would be very disappointed if someone made any kind of disparaging remarks to to this poster.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Cute pup - welcome :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
He's certainly a cute little pudge-muffin. Hugs to him. Welcome!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts