Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

So, I was reading doggie recipes online for our club newsletter, and I came across one for frozen yogurt. It was very simple: Yogurt and baby food.

Baby food! I never thought of that!

So the other night I hit the baby food aisle at the grocery. Wow! There are all kinds of baby food! (Forgive me, but I've never had a reason to look in the baby food aisle before). The small jars were on sale 3 for $1. Not too bad!

So, I got three. Carrots, Turkey and Green Beans, and Turkey and Sweet Potatoes.

Tonight I used the carrots. I split a small jar between six Kongs that were stuffed with a bit of banana and mostly cottage cheese.

Anyway! If you're looking for something different to do in a Kong, this seems like a good thing to me. The ingredients are very simple: Carrots and water. Turkey, green beans and water. Can't be bad! And it's already mooshed so you can just spoon it in! ;D

C

·
0 Posts
I never thought of Baby food! That sounds like a really good idea! You have six kongs! :eek: I only have 1 :( Lol ;)

Great idea though :laugh:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Great idea Connie! Did you give any to them yet? Do they like?

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
What a great idea!! I'm going to have to try that for Henery's next batch! :D

This week he's eating mashed bananas-mangos-strawberry yogurt Kongs!

·
Registered
534 Posts
That is a good idea. Just make sure the baby food you use doesn't have onion powder in it (a lot do), of course the fruity ones shouldn't. We will have to go get some tonight!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I am checking the ingredients carefully. I like that the ingredient list is so simple. Babies and their tender tummies/digestive systems, they have to keep it simple I guess :)

:D We have six so I can make several at one time and freeze them. With two dogs, that's three days' worth. I was actually thinking I could use a couple more! :p

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
AngusFangus said:
:D We have six so I can make several at one time and freeze them. With two dogs, that's three days' worth. I was actually thinking I could use a couple more! :p
We have ten Kongs (accumulated over four years) so I can do two week's worth at one time and freeze them. Thanks for the baby food idea, that's terrific! Not that Shadow gets bored with her yogurt, cookie, and peanut butter, but I get bored with them! ;)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Great idea; thanks for passing it along! Bailey could use a change from her applesauce, peanut butter & cookie.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
That's a great idea, Connie. :D I'd forgotten about baby food.

We used to have a cat who had a sensitive stomach, and whenever he was pukey, we'd give him baby food and he'd get better. The kind for infants that, like someone mentioned, has no onion powder.

We gave Sundance baby food once and he acted like it was doggie crack. ;D I haven't bought any since our kitty passed away, but I think I'll have to now for Sun's Kongs. I'm so glad you posted this and reminded me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts